Chapter 5

IMPRISONED

After getting a little rest from flying for the whole day, Persephone, Katara, and Aang were relaxing near a secluded area, waiting for Sokka to come back with some sort of food

After getting a little rest from flying for the whole day, Persephone, Katara, and Aang were relaxing near a secluded area, waiting for Sokka to come back with some sort of food. He did just that, a bag full of stuff he found or caught while Katara smiled at her brother. "Great. You're back. What's for dinner?" Aang asked, flying over towards the group.

"We've got a few options." Sokka said, opening up the bag and showing them what he got. "First, round nuts and some kind of oval-shaped nuts. And some rock-shaped nuts that might just be rocks. Dig in." Sokka told them.

Katara looked over the food and frowned. "Seriously, what else you got?" She asked him.

"Come on, Sokka. All of us can't eat just a few nuts for dinner." Persephone told him, leaning back and the group heard a loud bang sound off in the distance.

"What was that?" Sokka asked, and a few moments later, it happened again while Aang looked around.

"It's coming from over there." Aang said, the three running towards that direction and Sokka sighed.

"Shouldn't we run away from huge booms, not towards them?" Sokka asked them, watching them leave.

They got over towards a dried up river, watching a young teenager practice his earth bending while Persephone smiled. "Nothing to worry about." She whispered.

"An Earth Bender." Katara stated.

"Let's go meet him." Aang said.

"He looks dangerous, so we better approach cautiously." Sokka said, Persephone watching as Katara moved along the log and smiled widely.

"Hello there! I'm Katara. What's your name?" She asked, the boy being startled as he gave her a sour look and went off. He ran away, using her bending to cause his path to be closed off while Persephone frowned.

"Nice to meet you!" Aang yelled out.

"I just wanted to say hi." She muttered.

"Hey, that guy's got to be running somewhere. Maybe we're near a village. And I bet that village has a market." Aang told them.

"Which means no nuts for dinner." Katara cheered and Persephone smiled as she followed the two running towards the village.

"Hey! I worked hard to get those nuts." Sokka pouted while Persephone gave him a look. "Yeah, I hate them, too." He admitted, the girl laughing.