Chapter 10

THE STORM

"Let go of me!" She yelled, fighting against the darkness

"Let go of me!" She yelled, fighting against the darkness. The large dark cloud of smoke was moving faster towards her, her feet not being able to carry her as fast as she thought she could. She felt stuck, the hands of so many people coming out and trying to take her. "I said let go!" She yelled, sweat dripping from her forehead as hands grabbed at her neck and wrists. She screamed for help, hoping Aang, Sokka, or Katara could come and save her.

"You're just a Fire Nation traitor!"

"Scum!"

"Pathetic!"

"Useless!"

Persephone was being held down, her eyes wide in terror as she looked up at the woman who had given her life. The beautiful dark eyes she held being placed on her left side of her daughters face. "Mom?" She asked, and the woman frowned at her.

"You never belonged in a such a great world. That's why I got rid of you, I tried to drown you, get rid of any evidence that you, a smudge in my life erased, but of course, you had to come back." She started, the girl looking around and all she could hear were screams around her, her breathing unsteady and rapid for all she could feel was her heart beating so harshly against her rib cage.

"What are you going to do?" She asked, feeling a tear leak from her eye.

"Well, since I can't get rid of you. I might as well use you, turn you to the thing your friends would hate the most." She said, and next thing she knew, it was Aang, Katara, and Sokka all chained up against wooden posts and Persephone was there to watch. "A monster." And the flames lit her friends feet, making Persephone scream and gasp awake.

She couldn't breathe, her hands closing in tight fists as she shook from the cold air hitting her wet skin from her sheer panic. She got up, having to walk away for just a moment in the pale moon light and closed her eyes to relax. "It was just a dream." She whispered, looking up at the full moon and sighed.

"More like a nightmare." She heard, and she looked up, seeing Sokka there while he was scratching the top of his head and Persephone sighed.

"I'm sorry if I woke you." She breathed out, looking back out towards the water and Sokka sighed.

"You didn't, Aang just woke up and I saw you weren't in your sleeping bag." He told her, going next to her and she smiled.

"Is Aang okay?" She asked, slightly worried that the Air Bender woke up.

"He's fine. Just a bad dream, like you." He told her, the girl instantly relaxing as Sokka saw. "You focus too much on Aang to see that you're not okay." He stated, the girl frowning.