Chapter 1

THE AVATAR RETURNS

A bright light hit Persephone's eyes

A bright light hit Persephone's eyes. She winced, looking around to see a bright blue sky above her, ice covering every inch of the parameter. She shivered from the cold, looking around and she couldn't find Aang next to her. She got up slowly and coughed, "Aang!" She yelled, looking around and that's when he jumped over the wall of ice and looked at the teenager.

"Persephone! Appa! Are you two alright?" He cheered, the girl letting him help her up as she looked around, shaking from the cold.

"What happened? The last thing a remember is- -" and that's when Persephone stopped. She saw a girl, young with tanned skin, bright blue eyes, and dark brown hair in a hairstyle kind of like her own. Then a boy with a his hair in a small ponytail with the sides shaved.

They had on fur coats, stained the color blue to symbolize the tribe that they come from. "You're from the Southern Water Tribe." She breathed out, looking to Aang. "Where are we?" She asked him, not taking her eyes off the two.

Aang then went over towards his pet, trying to wake him up after the mess they just dealt with and Persephone rubbed her head. "What is that thing? And who is she?" He asked, the girl raising an eyebrow while crossing her arms over her chest.

"This is Appa, my Flying Bison." Aang answered immediately, Persephone stepping closer to the two.

"I'm Persephone and she can speak for herself." She glared, looking around and then at the two.

"Right. And this is Katara, my flying sister." The boy said, only for Appa to snort, and Persephone knew what that meant.

"Uh oh." She breathed, ducking just in time as the Bison sneezed, leaving green snot to hit the boy all over his clothes.

The boy groaned and started rubbing his body against the snow, trying to get the boogers and snot off his coat and body. Persephone giggled, bending down to his level. "And your name?" She asked, the boy groaning.

"Sokka." He muttered, Persephone grinning and catching Katara's eye.

"Don't worry. It'll wash out. So, do you guys live around here?" Aang asked, only to get Soka's spear in his face.

"Don't answer that. Did you see that crazy bolt of light? He was probably trying to signal the Fire Navy." He stated, Persephone tilting her head.

"The Fire Navy? What's wrong with them?" She asked the two.

"Oh, yeah. I'm sure they are spies for the Fire Navy. You can tell by that evil look in his eyes. The paranoid one is my brother. You never told us your name." She said to Aang, the boy nodding his head.