13. Peter

I looked from my book as my nephew barged into the loft

I looked from my book as my nephew barged into the loft. I observed his broody nature that never seems to leave his facial features and the pensiveness in his shoulders. He's angrier than usual. 

"What do I owe this confrontation to, dear nephew?"

"It's about Stiles."

I just raised an eyebrow at his accusation. They have a right to be mad about it. He's going to interrogate me I'm sure. One that'll possibly physically and mentally harm me when I try to answer the questions he asks. Whatever Charles did made it hard to voice how Stiles looked thought I can see it perfectly and remember the original plan-- the conversation we had through out my time there is blurry and muffled. The contact he made to get me there disappeared from my cell phone meaning he really wanted to cover his tracks. When Stiles freaked out when I walked into the room when Jordan brought him back is when some of the foggy memories slipped through and I begun searching hoping to find something to back up my story, but there was nothing. This scum really knew what he was doing. 

Derek sat down across from me, giving me his full attention. 

"How did you even know this man who had Stiles? Did you know him when he abducted Stiles?" And so it begins. 

"I didn't know him at all until he contacted me around 3 months before Parish found him." 

"How did he have your number?" 

"He was looking for the ruthless Left Hand of the Hale Pack so I assumed he asked around." I sighed rubbing my hands over my face having placed my book on the coffee table. 

"You aren't the Left hand anymore, are you?" Derek calmed down in his tone a bit. 

"No and I refuse to be ever again. However, some part in my brain is still slightly feral and takes on the Left Hand duties so I agreed. Mainly because I was trying to find information about Stiles to help you all." 

"Yet you didn't tell us you knew where he was." 

"I didn't remember until I saw him here with Parish." 

"What do you mean, you didn't remember?" 
"The accusation tone in your voice is refreshing." I quipped. 

"Peter, what do you mean you didn't remember where Stiles was?" 

"I remember arriving at the house, I remember what Stiles looked like when I saw him. Everything else is blurry including the details. My thoughts I had, the conversation held with the man, Charles, and the very location. He had some chemical spray hooked up to his back door that basically scrambled your mind when you left so there was no snitches. The bastard knew what he was doing." I dryly chuckled. I watched as Derek's eyes widens realizing what  had sort of happened and seemed to understand that I didn't mean to still be the bad guy or act as the Left Hand.I refuse to have that isolation ever again. 

"What do you think would happen if myself, or Scott, unlocked those memories to see  what happened and to remove whatever that Charles guy did?" My nephew asked knowing what my sister did removing my memories of my daughter and the Desert Wolf. 

"As long as no memories are removed, you only look for the ones revolving around Stiles' situation and we do it here. I think we should be okay." I agreed. 

"Now or with the pack?" 
"I'd rather not be oogled at like an animal in a zoo and called a liar by Scott."

Derek grimaced but nodded in understanding.