Breakthrough - Hanji x Reader

You've probably already noticed, but I've recently switched from writing in second person point of view to third person. It wasn't exactly a planned thing, but I kept accidentally writing in third person instead of second, so I've decided that every one-shot from now on will be in third person point of view. It's easier for me to write in and hopefully easier to read in. One-shots will still be about the reader (you, obviously), just in a different view.

Enjoy!

~~~

There was a soft buzzing noise and then a tiny prick on her cheek. The girl groaned and swatted at whatever it was before pulling her blanket tighter around her body. It was too early to deal with annoying insects.

The buzzing continued, and then another pinch; this time it was harder than before. She scrunched up her nose and mumbled something incoherent at the same time she moved her hand up to smack the nuisance away. 

A muffled giggle alerted her that she was not alone in her room. Frustrated with the lack of peace, she sat up with squinted, bleary eyes. 

"Oh good, you're up!" 

(F/N) groaned again and glared at the black blob in the center of her room. "Hanji," she barked. "What the fuck."

The scientist herself grinned down at her. "Morning, sleepy head!" (F/N) only grunted in response. "I just made the most amazing discovery!"

Oh god not again. 

"And what is that?" (F/N) grumbled. She knew that if she didn't cooperate with Hanji then she would never leave her alone. 

"Titans are repelled by glitter!" She squealed excitedly, hopping in place. (F/N) sighed and ran a hand down her sleepy face. 

"Hanji," she started. "First of all, it's not even three in the morning. Second of all, when was the last time you slept? And finally, what the hell?"

Hanji squealed again and lurched forward, throwing the blankets off of (F/N)'s body and dragging her out of bed. Being the uncooperative sleepy person she was, (F/N) simply slumped to the ground in exhaustion.

"Oh come on, (F/N)! I need to show you how wonderful this is! It's a fantastic breakthrough!" Hanji chirped, still tugging on her arm eagerly. "Get up, get dressed! Science is waiting!"

"I don't wanna," (F/N) whined, her voice muffled from the floor. 

"Nonsense!" Hanji exclaimed. She dropped a pair of pants, a button up white shirt, and (F/N)'s boots onto her back. "Get dressed! We have things to do, experiments to run!"

(F/N) turned her head to glare up at the woman. "You're joking right?"

Hanji grinned down at her. "Keep it up and I'll make you put on all of those annoying straps and harnesses."

~

"This is ridiculous," (F/N) muttered as she clutched the clipboard to her chest. She dropped her head down onto the table in front of her with a deep sigh. Hanji had dragged her out of bed hours ago, the sun was just rising, and she still didn't understand what the hell Hanji was babbling on about.

"Oh excellent, it's getting light out. Soon we can fetch Eren and really get this experiment going," Hanji commented, the smile never slipping from her face. 

(F/N)'s head shot up off of the table and swiveled around to stare at Hanji with widened eyes. "Wait whoa, what? Why do you need Eren? Hanji, you know Levi won't let him transform."

Hanji scoffed and waved her hand dismissively at her female companion. "Levi will if I ask. It's for science anyway."

"He probably has plans for him today. Training or cleaning or something," (F/N) argued. She would do anything to get out of this.