Pupmeo and Kitliet - Puppy!Armin x Kitten!Reader

Request from -Mikasa_Ackerman-! Sorry it's so short, I've never done something like this before.

Also I tried to be clever with the title and it didn't work out so good. I'm actually really mortified by how bad it sounds.

Enjoy!

~

"Oh, aren't you just adorable?!" The strange woman shrieked as she stared down at the creature with a wide smile. Her glasses caught in the sun and blocked out her eyes, making her seem creepier than ever.

The small kitten mewed softly, pawing lightly at the woman's boots in a beg for food.

However, she didn't get any further than stooping down to give the kitten a scratch behind the ears before a shorter man came storming around the corner and dragged her away.

"Don't touch random animals! They can carry diseases and they're filthy!" He scolded as he marched her away.

The kitten sighed when the two people were out of sight, sitting down and trying to look as innocent as possible; it was a game she had been taught by her own mother before she disappeared - look cute and you get food.

Usually she played her little game around the fields where the children played because they were the one's who fed her and gave her the most attention. However, today the mean man was out and giving her an icy glare, almost daring her to come near any of the smaller humans.

"Hey!"

The kitten jumped at the sudden bark, preparing herself to run away as she turned to face the dog.

The puppy didn't seem very intimidating; his golden yellow fur looked soft and shined in the sunlight, his blue eyes curious and his tail wagging excitedly.

"You know, if dad catches you here you'll be in a lot of trouble," he told her. The kitten lowered her ears.

"Then I'll be sure not to get caught," she snapped. This friendly puppy was making her nervous. "I know this is the dog territory, but my usual spot is usable today. I'll leave as soon as I get fed enough."

The puppy seemed to smile at her. "That's okay, you don't have to. You can stay as long as you like, I won't tell."

"Won't he smell me?"

His eyes twinkled in amusement at her question. "Sure, but he doesn't have to know that you weren't just passing through. The name's Armin!"

The kitten hesitated for a moment, debating on whether or not to trust this stranger.

"(F/N)," she finally gave in, relaxing a bit when he gave no indication of reporting her to the alpha dog.

Armin's tail seemed to pick up speed as he laid down and rolled over on his back, staring at (F/N) upside down with his tongue sticking out.

"Wanna play?" He asked, pawing at her.

"With a dog?" (F/N) scrunched her nose up. That didn't sound very appealing, and she knew that she would get into a lot of trouble if she was caught spending time with him.

Armin barked at her playfully. "Yes, silly! I don't understand why there's this stupid feud between us in the first place. There's no reason for us not to be able to play. There's no harm in it, right?"

(F/N) tilted her head curiously. He had a point. "Yeah, I guess you're right." A smile broke out onto her face as she crouched into a playful pouncing position, her tail flicking around. "Let's play, then!"

Armin rolled off of his back and got right to his feet, his ears flopping as he hopped around happily. "Tag me! Tag me!"

(F/N) mewed excitedly as she chased Armin around the block, both barking and meowing as they ran around.

It must have been hours by the time they both tired of playing games and collapsed under the shade of a tree. Panting hard, Armin stretched out his legs as he got comfortable.

"Thank you for playing with me," (F/N) said as she curled up next to him.

"Thank you for letting me," Armin replied, his eyelids struggling to remain open as exhaustion came over him.

"Do you think we'll get in trouble for it?"

"Nah. Maybe they'll understand that dogs and cats can get along. When I'm leader, I'm going to make peace with the cats. Then we'll be able to play as much as we want and not worry!" Armin exclaimed.

(F/N) purred next to him, nuzzling closer to his soft fur. "I like that idea. If I become leader, I'll make peace with the dogs. If we end this feud, we'll all be able to play together and share territory. No more fighting and no more reckless deaths."

Armin whined in content at the idea of having peace and joy with his supposed rivals.

"Can we be permanent friends, (F/N)?" He asked sleepily.

The kitten looked at him briefly, her nose twitching.

"Of course we can, Armin. I'd love to be your friend."