The Life of Two - Levi x Reader

Blood. Blood everywhere. Whether it was from you or the dozens of comrades killed before you got there, you didn't know. 

You just knew that it was staining your clothes and that Levi would have a full on temper tantrum when he saw how dirty your clothes were; especially your white pants and shirt. Those would be a bitch to clean. 

A fit of coughing racked through your body as you lay on the ground. Luckily, you still had all of your limbs, even if you couldn't feel your legs that much. 

When you had fallen, you landed on your swords; one went through your stomach, the other slashed your leg.

You had gotten there so late. If only you had gone sooner, if only you had defied orders sooner, then maybe, just maybe, half of these people would still be alive. Maybe the ones you saved would have been able to save you

The coughing subsided and you groaned mentally. It wasn't their fault. Not even close. Dead people can't save the living. You sighed and stared up at the blue sky, watching as the white fluffy clouds floated across. 

You weren't sure why there wasn't any titans coming to finish you off, but you definitely weren't complaining. You were fine with just laying there dying peacefully. 

Your heart clenched as you remembered your life wasn't the only one lost. Oh god, this was your fault. If you had been more careful this would never have happened. Levi was going to be so furious with you when you told him - he might even hate you. You had to remind yourself that he would only know if he found you before you passed on. If anyone found you.

As though summoned by your thoughts, you heard the familiar sound of hooves running across the grass and were vaguely aware of someone calling your name. For some reason though, you couldn't match the voice with a face. It upset you. 

But it upset you even more when a pair of silvery-blue eyes suddenly appeared with raven black hair to match; how had you not recognized your own lovers voice?

"Oh god, (F/N).."

"Hey Short-Stuff," you forced a weak smile as his hand slid under your head to prop it up. "What's crackalackin?"

"Don't you fucking make jokes right now," Levi hissed. "I need to get you back; I need to get you to safety. If I can get the stupid horse to run fast enough we have a chance. As long as we have a clear, titan-free path we might make it; you might make it."

"Levi-"

"Just keep your eyes open and focused on me, okay?" He interrupted as he hoisted you up carefully. 

You groaned at the sudden movement as pain shot up through your sore body. 

"Levi I landed on my swords," you breathed as he somehow managed to get his short body on the mighty horse and wedge you between him and the horse's head.

"I know that, (F/N), I can see you know," he replied irritably. He gave a sharp whip of the reins and the horse took off at full speed. 

He didn't let you see it, but tears pricked at his eyes at the thought of losing you. Sure, he wasn't one for sentiments and emotions, but the thought of you not fighting beside him ever again tore him apart. 

The two of you had known each other ever since Erwin brought him, Farlan, and Isabel back. Neither of you were sure of when or how, but somehow the two of you fell in love, and after years of being in a close relationship, Levi popped the question. 

Yes, Levi actually asked someone to marry him; it came as a shock to everyone when you got engaged to each other. 

But with the way things were looking now, it seemed as though engagement was as far as you two were going to make it - a wedding would never happen. Levi would never have a marriage with you if he didn't make it back in time.