Silence - Modern AU! - Mike x Reader

"But why do we have to go tonight?" Sasha couldn't quite keep her feet from stumbling every two seconds; her roommate was walking too fast with her wrist in her hand.

"Because, Sasha. We won't have another opportunity, and you won't have another twenty-first birthday!" (F/N) exclaimed excitedly as she dragged the poor girl towards the nightclub.

"You're never this eager to even go to these places. What's gotten into you?"

(F/N) faltered in her step. What had gotten into her? She shrugged the question off and picked up the pace. "It doesn't matter. We're going out to celebrate your birthday. Connie will be there."

Sasha huffed. "Yeah, and so will Bertholdt, Reiner, Historia, Ymir, Jean, Marco, Eren - should I go on? Besides, I have class tomorrow! Early!"

(F/N) chose to ignore her whiny roommate. They both knew Sasha's first class wasn't that early; it started at twelve and not seven like the class she mistakenly took last semester.

They walked right up to the bouncer at the front entrance and paid without any problems; the club itself was for anyone over eighteen. The bar, however, was reserved for those of legal drinking age. The bar that (F/N) ran right up to with Sasha in tow.

"About time you got here," Connie swiveled around in the barstool, a drink in hand. "I was getting bored." (F/N) rolled her eyes and slipped onto the stool between him and Eren.

"Where's the bartender?"

"Absolutely not!" Sasha called from behind her. (F/N) scoffed and waved her friend off.

A man came over with a smile. "What can I get you?"

(F/N) grinned broadly and dramatically pointed over to the birthday girl who had taken the tall seat next to her. "The strongest thing you've got for her! It's her twenty-first birthday and she is getting trashed."

Sasha only gaped as the bartender asked for I.D. and nodded approvingly when she slid it towards him. Her jaw only dropped more when he set a scary looking drink down in front of her. Was that... was that steam?

She gripped the glass with a shaky hand, casting a hesitant look over to her crowd of friends as they watched her with anticipation. Sasha's reluctance only increased when every single one of them grinned really wide.

It didn't matter though. That hesitation was gone the second she finished that drink off.

~

"I love this song!" Sasha squealed. She grabbed the wrists of Connie and Mikasa, who surprisingly allowed Sasha to drag her away, and onto the dance floor.

(F/N) chuckled and shook her head. They had been there for an hour and a half and Sasha was totally wasted. Most of her friends had dispersed and made their way towards the dance floor already, the only ones remaining being Bertholdt and herself.

Bertholdt was more on the quiet side, and had been carefully sipping at weaker alcohol. (F/N) was sure he was still on his second drink, and he wasn't even half way done. Not that that was a problem; (F/N) could totally respect his decision to try and pace himself. Either he was doing that, or preferring to keep a watchful eye on Reiner, who was known to strip when he got too drunk.

"What's next?" The bartender asked as he came down the bar again. He had been keeping (F/N) well stocked in her drinks.

However, she felt that she needed to slow down and simply shook her head. "Just water, actually." The bartender was surprised, but nodded and set a glass of water down in front of her anyway.