Hiraeth

The cold breeze hit me while i was walking up the steep path.
I hid my face into my scarf, my nose was running from the cold.
"I am almost there." it was a bad idea wearing my boots with heel.
They look pretty but now my feet hurt like crazy.
"Why would they build a resturant up here? i am so tired now from the walking."

I stood in front of the resturant, and breathed out before reaching the door.
I do not know if it was a good idea coming here.
I opened the door and walked in.I could hear all the students laughing and screaming.
I walked toward these voices and there i was... i stood in front of them.
They saw me and stopped talking.All of them must be in a shock.
I mean it has been 5 years.I couldn't get a word out of me.

Silently i walked toward the table where i always sat when i came here.
Slowly everyone started talking again and i could hear how some girls were whispering about me, but i wasn't bothered by it.
"Hey everyone how have you been?" I heard the familiar voice scraming, i turned my head to the left where everyone else was sitting and saw her. Our eyes met and her smile faded.
She rolled her eyes and sat down with everyone else.She ignored me.

It was so hard to breathe in here, i wanted to stand up and go but i could't move.
Suddenly someone pulled the chairs back, and i looked up.My Eyes widened.
"He won't be there,he is staying in America." I remembered the false words of my friend.
"Wooyoung?"
"Why are you suprised? I should be the one who is suprised.You never came to our reunions it has been 5 years." He said and sat down next to me while smiling.
"Hey we are here too can't you see us?" i turned my head.
"Soeun, Jongho,Hani." the three of them sat down at my table.

"How have you all been?" I asked being relieved seeing them.
"We are fine but how have you been?" Jongho asked.
"You suddenly disappeared back then without a word." Soeun said.
I turned my head to the right and was flustered at seeing Wooyung looking at me.
He leaend his elbow on the table and his head on his hand.
"Why are you looking at me like that?"
"Just looking at how much you changed, you got much prettier."
I giggled while being suprised. I took my glas and drank my alcohol.

"Why? are you regretting that you dumped me?" I asked looking back at him.
"Honestly now i really do." He said and the both of us started laughing.
It wasn't as bad as i thought.I can talk to him more freely now.
I smiled while playing with my glass.When i looked up i saw Soeun and Jongho being lovey dovey.
"Wait a moment, i thought Jongho dumped you?!"
"He did but i didn't give up either, until he fell for me."
"Wow congrats to both of you.How long have you been dating?"
"Three years." Soeun told me.I was happy for her, she cried so much back then when she was dumped.

"What did you do all these years?" Wooyoung asked.
"Nothing special.I transfered schools and tomorrow University is starting."
"Same for us." Wooyoung said while eating what was served.
"What about your love life?" Hani asked and everyone was looking at me curiously.
I just smiled and didn't say anything.
"How about me? We can start over." Wooyoung said jokingly and i just laughed.
He changed so much.
"You are just saying that because of my looks now."
"Of course i am, who would have thought that you would get so sexy."
"I will take that as a compliment." i said while taking a sip of my beer.
"Now tell us do you have a boyfriend?"
I showed them my hand and everyone was suprised.
"You are engaged?!" Hani scremaed and Wooyoung leaned back while his smile faded.
"T-Thats a big suprise." Wooyoung said while scratching the back of his head.

"It's a couple ring but we are thinking about marriage.Maybe in 2 or 3 years."
"Tell us who is he?" Soeun asked.
"You guys don't know him, i met him 5 years ago when i moved school.Since then we are dating."
"That means i don't have a chance." Wooyoung said slightly smiling.
"Hm you don't" i said. The night passed like this while the guys told me everything that happened when i left."
It was nice.I am glad I came back.It felt like I returned home,this place was like a second home for me.After school we always came here to eat.We never went home before eating here.I missed it...

On the way home i remembered Hani's words.
"Don't you dare breaking contact again it's so nice having you with us again.Our group is complete now." Even though she was drunk, it made me happy...

Hiraeth: a homesickness for a home to which you cannot return, a home which maybe never was; the nostalgia, the yearning, the grief for the lost places of your past.

🌸Thats the first chapter of this story.I hope you guys liked it.It is my first time writing a story in english so I hope i didn't make that much mistakes.See you soon.Byeeee🌸