Chapter 18

"What's your name?" Heirra asked.

"Mark. Mark Twaiine. Thirty years old. I have a daughter. I'm divorced. That's what you're gonna ask me right." The man said with eyes full of regret.

"I wasn't supposed to be your target right?"

"I guess I was mistaken since my target wasn't supposed to be an officer." He handed out a picture.

"This was supposed to be my target." in the picture was Chrisia.

'Fuck. Of all four of them, she's really the main target.'

"WHY?" Heirra said, still trying to compose herself.

Chrisia and the other cop are in another room watching through the glass wall and listening through the speaker.

"I was threatened."

"FUCK. Yet another one great." Heirra said sarcastically.

" I assume you were bribed too right?"

"Yes I was. You see, I suddenly got a phone call that person has a robotic voice similar to autotune. I was told to do some simple one that the person said. I was told to injure someone. Of course I denied and thought of it as a joke. Suddenly I was fired from work! I had been the manager, it was all falling apart. Then, that person called again with a different number. I was threatened! I told them I'd try but don't get their hopes up. The next day, money suddenly got transferred to my bank account and another company was interested to hire me as their project manager. It all turned out well. Of course I only aimed at the thighs at least. I really regretted it." Mark said as tears fell down his cheeks.

"You'll be locked up for a week for that. Plus, the news is getting crazy. Although, they've blurred your face."

"It's alright at least that freak would know I tried. I hope that freaking hell of a person won't go after my family."

"I don't that person will. Care to tell me about the companies?"

"Yeah sure. The company I am currently working at is Hayster Corporation and CSR Corporation."

"I was right." Heirra whispered to herself with a smile.

"Didi you say something, officer?"

"Nevermind that."

Heirra got up and the other officer escorted Mark. Before her was about to disappear, Heirra saw a text message on Mark's phone.

"Mark, the company is still willing to hire you after this. Don't worry too much."

Upon hearing that, Mark was relieved. He bowed a little at Heirra and went to be transferred to his cell. Heirra went back to where Chrisia was and gave her a hug.

"I'll protect you." She whispered.

"I know."

Heirra thanked Keith and asked him to drive them to the aquarium again which he gladly did. They went back to the aquarium to get the car of Heirra. Inside the car Heirra had a bad feeling about something. She decided to inform the others later on and decided to drive back home, but before she did she wanted to apologize to Chrisia.

"I'm sorry about this date of ours."

"It's alright." Chrisia said and put a hand on Heirra's knee.

Heirra turned to Chrisia, her heart rate speeding up and feeling hot. She unknowingly leaned closer, Chrisia did too. Closer and closer until Heirra could feel the breath of Chrisia. Only two centimeter apart before their lips would collide suddenly, Heirra's phone rang. Heirra and Chrisia pulled away from each other.

'Damn this bastard! Who the hell is calling me?' Heirra angrily thought.

"Hello? Captain Heirra Servens speaking."

"Heirr we need you here now!"

"Blake? What happened?"

"Darwen and Jenny got into an accident. I'll explain later, come to X Hospital." Blake said and hung up.

"Chrisia, I'm sorry. I know I said that we're going home, but right now we need to make a visit at X Hospital."

Heirra didn't wait for Chrisia's answer and just drove with her eyebrows crooked.

***

"Are they okay?" Heirra asked.

Blacked and the others were there Gwenny was crying and Grace was comforting her. Blake's and Redylyn's were sour trying to hold back their tears. Sergeant Darwen was awake although he fractured his arm. Beside him was Jenny, still unconscious. Chrisia was shocked and went to Grace and Gwenny. Her heart sank, she was the main target yet why was Jenny the one unconscious. Heirra wasn't going to take a fuck from some shitty culprit.

"Darwen. You okay?" Heirra asked.

"Yup. Just dizzy. I think I hit my head hard. Jenny on the other hand." Darwen said, starting to tear up.

"She'll wake up buddy." Heirra said, trying to comfort Darwen.

"We got into an accident. Some bastard. I think it was on purpose. I'm gonna catch that freak bastard." Darwen said gritting his teeth.

"We will."

"I wanna sleep. Ask Blake and the other how it happened." Darwen said as he covered his body with the blanket and went to sleep.

Heirra didn't bother to ask him anymore seeing how wrecked he was. She went towards Blake and Redylyn at the other side of the Chrisia and the others.

"Care to tell me?"

"Darwen told us that he was driving properly. The light was green yet when they almost passed the intersection, a truck got them. Since the truck was coming from Jenny's direction, she received most of the impact." Redylyn said.

"We tried identifying the driver of the truck, he's a delivery guy from CSR Corporation. He died so we weren't able to question him." Blake answered.

"We actually suspected that it's connected to our case." Blake added.

"Not quite." Heirra said.

"What do you mean?" Redylyn said, confused.

Blake was confused as well. Unknown to the two, Heirra had everything discovered.

"Think about it. Are they really connected? Maybe but perhaps?" Heirra said.

The two officers looked at each other and suddenly came to their realization. They went quiet. Heirra took out her phone and called someone.

"Chief, will you be back tomorrow? This case is done, I've figured it out. Call the CEO of Make & Make Corporation."