Chapter 5

Thank you for reading my book :>>
Please leave a vote, it means a lot to me.
__________________________

'I still can't believe I clung to Chris yesterday. I can handle horror movies but the one we watched yesterday was pretty spooky. I still can't believe she didn't even budge a bit. That was really embarrassing.' Heirra thought while recalling what happened yesterday night.

"I can't believe they're late." Chrisia said.

" Well the amusement park hasn't even opened, yet so where's the harm?"

"We all agreed to meet at eight in the morning."

"You're missing my point, Chris. You know the amusement park opens at thirty minutes past eight right? They'll be here in fifteen minutes. Besides, the officers will be with them."

***

" I can't believe you are so early. I think the world's coming to an end." Darwen said to Heirra.

Heirra stayed silent while kind of annoyed.

" Is it really that surprising for Captain Heirra to be early?" Jenny asked aloud.

"Um. Let's just say she's the type of person to be on time but never early so we were just surprised." Blake answered.

"I agree with Blake," Redylyn answered agreeing completely with Blake.

"It's surprising she managed to secure her high position with that attitude. Even at blind dates. She's really not romantic at all." Darwen said, pretending to be disappointed and making Jenny laugh while the others tried to hold their laugh except for Chrisia. She was too busy deciding which she should try next.

Darwen received a light smack on the head with his statement.

"Sergeant Darwen, I would appreciate it if you just shut your loudmouth for a bit. Do you understand?" Heirra said pissed off.

"You're no fun Heirra." Darwen said.

Before Heirra could say anything else. Chrisia interrupted, "Let's try this roller coaster." while pointing to a dangerous and big roller coaster with many ups and downs trails.

"Doesn't that look scary? I'm not riding that." Darwen said, feeling sick.

"How about we check other rides? There's one less scary." Jenny said to Darwen.

The two of them promised to meet back with the others later as Darwen can't stand heights.

"Why don't we also split up with them Chrisia. I kno-" before Heirra even gotta finish what she is saying, Chrisia pulled her into the roller coaster. The next thing Heirra knew, is that the roller coaster was already starting.

***

"Are you okay?" Grace said to Heirra as she was lying down on a bench.

"I'll stay with her." Chrisia said.

"Are you really sure?" Gwenny said.

"It's fine. If I don't stay by her side, she may not want to protect me anymore."

"Alright. Call us if she ever feels better." Grace said.

The four went ahead leaving Heirra and Chrisia behind.

"I can't believe you can't stand heights." Chrisia said disappointed.

"Hey! I'm sorry alright? Like, I did plan to tell you but you drag me to the roller coaster, and you were so happy." Heirra said, covering her face.

Chrisia leaned closer to Heirra's face, and they were only a few inches apart.

"Say somethin will ya?" Heirra said as she removed her arm from her face.

"Romantic are you?" Chrisia said as she distanced her face from Heirra.

" Looks like Darwen was mistaken," Chrisia said smiling at Heirra.

Heirra got up right away.

"Let's get going. I wanna try some corn dogs." Heirra said as Chrisia also got up and followed Heirra towards a corn dog stand.

'Why the fuck is my heat so noisy? And, the hell? My hands are sweating.' Heirra thought unknowingly that she was already blushing.

"Wait for me," Chrisia shouted, which made Heirra stop and go back to where Chrisia is.

"Sorry for walking so fast." Heirra apologizes.

"Why not hold my hand?" Chrisia said calmly.

"WHA-WHAT A-ARE Y-YOU THINKING? WHY S-S-SHOULD I?? WE-WE A-AREN'T E-E-EVEN D-D-DA-DATING."

"So that we wouldn't be se-" before Chrisia was able to finish her sentence. Heirra suddenly grabbed a young lad's arm and cuffed the lad's both arms with a cuff.

" You are arrested for attempting to harm a citizen," Heirra said as the knife that the lad was holding fell down.

"I-I could explain." the lad trying to fight his way out said.

This made the crowd panic a little bit since situations like this were very rare.

"It's alright. No need to panic. He's already under arrest and will be brought to the police station."

" Captain Heirra here, please send some officers here to Azer's Amusement Park for patrol. I caught a lad with a knife. I'm bringing him to the police station. Over."

"It's best that you come with me Chrisia."

***

"State your name." an officer who was in charge of interrogation said.

"Anthony Jacks. 23 years old. Unemployed." the lad answered frightened for his life.

"What's your intention?" the officer said.

The lad remained quiet and refused to answer the officer's question.

"I'll take it from here. You can wait outside." the officer complied and indeed went outside as he was told.

"Listen here, Anthony. Be honest, were you told by someone to do this?"

The lad remained quiet yet again but didn't deny it.

'SHIT! Don't tell me that the real suspect's target is Chrisia all along? But, the fact that the company sent these girls must mean that the real suspect isn't from the company. I need to dig deep into this.' Heirra said.

"Listen here, Anthony. If you don't answer our question, I'll guarantee you that you'll be in prison for more than five years. "

"Five years?? Isn't that too much officer?" the lad said.

"Yes, but considering that this is connected to our recent case, we could actually make you stay longer in prison. Now answer my question. Why did you try to harm Chrisia?"