Chapter 2

Thank you for reading this! This is actually my first LGBT book, and it means a lot to me if you leave a vote :>

_______________________

"Say that again." Chrisia was shocked."I said I'm the one who is being assigned to you," Heirra said clearly.

" Of all the officers, it had to be you," Chrisia said

'Really she hates me because of the coffee? Is she serious?'

"Well, you have no choice Ms. Chrisia," Heirra said, smirking.

" Well, officers, assist them on their way home and then come back. I have to explain how our jobs would be handled with this special case being handed to us." Heirra explained further.

They left and it was dead silence in Officer Heirra's car.

"So, are you giving me back my coat?" Heirra asked.

"I will after I wash it."

And then again, it was back to silence.

"Chris, you're not much of a talker are you."

"And who gave you permission to use my nickname?"

"I did and you have no choice," Heirra said while giving a smirk.

"Fine, do what you want."

"Why are you so cold? You're colder than Antarctica."

"Very funny. I just don't want to talk to someone who is stalking me non-stop."

"It's called a JOB. I have a job to do."

"Then why don't you stalk Grace then? You have a crush on her right?"

That statement made Heirra blush slightly and turn her head to the side. Good thing the stoplight has turned red.

"You're cute. I didn't expect you to be too honest. I bet you are not good at poker." Chrisia confessed as she chuckled.

'Damn. That's quite a personality she has there. She even has the guts to tease an officer; moreover, a captain!' Heirra thought to herself.

"You look so innocent. Don't worry I won't tell Grace." Chrisia said while putting her index finger near her lips indicating that it would be their secret.

"Here's my number." Heirra suddenly said while giving Chrisia her business card.

"Call me if something happens. I fear that you may be targeted." Heirra continued.

"In what way? And why would I be targeted?" Chrisia asked.

" I have enemies you know," Heirra replied.

"Oh really? Trust me, one of your co-workers told me that being with you is the safest." Chrisia said.

"Wait. Darwen told you?" Heirra said, feeling that she's been caught.

"Fine. You caught me but I won't tell you the reason for my actions so just take my number." Heirra said

"Want me to help you with Grace?" Chrisia asked while smirking, almost feeling happy that she knows the officer's secret.

"It looks like we're here already. See you tomorrow, Chrisia." Heirra said

"So you plan to avoid my question. That's cute." Chrisia said walking away. Unknowingly to Chrisia, Heirra's face turned red, and she didn't even notice it herself.

***

Heirra went back to her office and waited for the other officers to arrive. Meanwhile, she was lost in her thoughts figuring out who is actually a possible suspect because Chrisia definitely isn't unless she is good at acting. This made Heirra in a pitch. It seems that figuring out who the murderer is would be quite difficult. Suddenly, the door opened.