39 [final chapter]

"Claire.." Lucas smiled, eyes on Claire sitting next to him and sky drawing to a dusk was bright orange, caressing Claire's face softly. Her eyes glimmered, staring at the sunset taking place. "This time of the sky... Remind me if you."

Claire looked at him, her own lips etching into a grin. "Why so?"

"The colour. The red and yellow, they're yours. Warm, exciting and most of all, comforting." He placed his hand over hers. He could see the reflection of the setting sun in her eyes.

"And the morning sky reminds me of you." Claire chuckled, immediately regretting about the cheesy sentence, and looking down at the sand. She pocked the wet sand with her fingers with a soft smile.

"Lemme guess, is it because if my eyes?" Lucas giggled, trying to get her to look at him again, but she only nodded and bit her lips lightly.

"Can I join you both?"

They both looked behind, raising their heads up to find Wesley, wearing a jacket and trousers, and bit waiting for an answer, he sat down next to Lucas anyway, and forced his arm around his brother.

"I didn't say okay." Lucas hissed, trying to shrug him off but only getting more frustrated.

Claire just continued to sweetly look at Lucas and how his face crunched up in pout and mere anger. She couldn't believe she was actually spending time with him and her friends all together.

The temperature was dropping yet she felt so warm from the inside.

"Hey, cmon, forgive me already." Wesley tried, voice straining to sound innocent but we all knew he wasn't one. But anyway, Lucas stopped struggling for a while and just gave in, still upset. "And I'm here to help you with the work."

"I don't need any of your help. Go back to rubbing away." He mumbled, making Claire turn away and laugh at the two of the brothers.

Yes, Claire was mad at Wesley too, but there was no point in arguing right now. It was to enjoy and deal with him later on.

"I just want to help and make up for all my mistakes. Please, LuLu." Wesley coaxed, trying to kiss his puffed up cheeks only to hear a grunt.

"Eww, don't call me that. I'm not 4." Lucas cringed, pushing Wesley away.

"You're 4 to me."

Lucas glanced at Claire seeing if she had heard it, but caught her looking back and forth between the restaurant and the beach.

His eyes trailed towards what she was looking at, and he saw Adam waving tiredly, and just walking towards them in slow but steady steps. He approached Claire, sparing a glance or two at the brothers and sat next to her.

He looked exhausted.

And not only was it appearance, Adam was also exhausted internally. He just gazed forward at the sea.

The tourists were packing up their things and leaving for dinner, few if them stayed to watch the sunset.

"My old man wasn't home." Adam said, a stern face.

"Was he out? You're late because you had to wait for him?" Claire asked, and Lucas lost interest in the conversation as it wasn't audible to him over the sound of the waves.

"No. A lady walking on the street told me he passed away." Adam clenched his teeth, and Claire didn't know what to say. It was totally unexpected, but she wanted to know what Adam felt about it. "It didn't affect me a lot at first."

"You hated him." Claire looked down at her hands.

"I did." He nodded. "Now it feels like I've lost something unbeknownst to me."