36

-Unedited- (actually none of my works are edited but okay)

Claire had already made her move, having Lucas cornered to the wall and also having his full attention. But for what Claire looked like she was about to do, he didn't even flinch.

He only kept his doe eyes open and watched carefully as she dug into her bag. She pulled out the contract papers.

She gave him a sharp stare for a second, making him take a step back and bite his lips.

"You really won't back off the wedding?" She narrowed her eyes.

"N-no. I have.. no reason to." He stood his ground, white shirt a mess and his thin frame already squishing his back against the wall. "But why are you doing this?"

"I don't know." She grumbled. "Can you not divert the question?"

"Sorry."

"So, if you have no reason, I'll give you one."

"What is it?"

Claire walked forward, her hand slapping the paper against the wall next to his face. "This."

"What is that?" He asked, trying to take it from her, but she only glared more. He dropped his actions, and only stared at her now.

"I'll tell you. Before that, I'll ask you one more time. I don't want to do this either, but I will of I have to." She glanced at the papers and back at him, getting closer and closer until her body was pressed against his.

He bit his lips, hands coming up to rest on her hips.

"Lucas, listen carefully." She said. "What you're doing, is wrong. I know Hailey wronged you, but she had no idea."

Lucas frowned, his hands dropping. "How can you say that? She took everything from me. And I want her to lose her everything too. Is that too much to ask?"

".. yes." Claire pursed her lips. "It is. You can't go ahead and ruin someone's life. You're better than that."

Lucas slightly pushed Claire away from himself, scoffing. "Sorry, what are you playing at?"

"You still have a chance. Leave when you can."

"No." Lucas cringed at her words. "This wedding will also profit the company, you know?"

"Not anymore." Claire sighed, showing him the papers. "I have this."

Those were the contract papers Lucas had signed recently. And fuck, she had him good.

"Are you being serious, right now?" Lucas was now so angry that it felt like he was shooting daggers through his eyes. "I didn't expect you to do this."

Claire's heart snapped at his words, turning a tad bit gloomy from the inside, but all she did was shrug.

"Do you really want this wedding to happen so badly?" She questioned him in a tiny voice, dejected. "Let go."

She knew that he didn't want this.

"And do you really think this would work on me?" He stood eye to eye, eyebrows still furrowed, feeling completely deceived.

"I'll take care of you--"

"Yeah." Lucas rolled his eyes.

"What?"

"It worked." He said, getting rid of his expressions. "Now what?"

Claire looked at him for a moment, slightly unsure of what was going on. "What worked?"

"The threat." He sounded frustrated. "Will you now take care of me?"

Claire choked on air, baffled by what he just said.

Was it just her or was this too easy? Lucas just agreed? He didn't even protest a lot?

He's a freaking CEO for god's sake.

"What-"

"I've been searching for a reason not to do this. Thanks." Lucas sighed, walking over and opening the tap. He quickly splashed water on his face, and rinsed himself off the sweat that had started pooling on his forehead.

"What the fuck?" Claire blinked. "So now you're gonna call it off and leave Hailey alone?"

"Of course." Lucas winked in the mirror. "You have my word."

-------

Nate: are you done? What happened?

Claire took a deep breath, leading Lucas to the stairs while holding his hand tightly in hers.

Claire: he agreed. Next move?

Nate: fuck even Brad that hag agreed

Nate: okay I'll ask Connor to do it

Claire gripped his hands tighter, making him wince. "Come on, we don't have a lot of time. We have to get out of here."

"Why? What's happening?" Lucas asked, while being dragged down the stairs. "Also what the hell are you wearing? I've never seen you wear such.. such..."

"Yeah don't sweat it, love." Claire huffed. "I had to do it because I was coming over."

"Where are we-"

The fire alarms started blaring loudly, cutting Lucas off in the middle. He gasped loudly in fear, but all Claire did was smirk, sharing a brief look with Lucas before leaning in and kissing him.

Connor did it on time. Guess there's no stopping now.

"Are we going to die?" He asked. Claire chuckled, continuing to climb down the stairs with him.

"No, we're just getting out before everyone else is here."

It took them a lot of time to get down the tall building, and on the basement, Claire and Lucas were panting for more air, holding onto each other, and about to pass out already.

Maybe Claire wasn't that fit to climb down a bunch of floors all together of a huge ass building.

"C-Come on." Claire rapidly took small breaths in-between the talk and pulled Lucas with her to the car parked at the corner, where Nate was already in it, ready to take off.

She opened the door and pushed Lucas inside, while taking her own seat.

They sat there for a while, caching their breaths, and waiting for others to arrive too. She immediately spotted Hailey and Connor getting into Connor's car, and giving them a thumbs up.

Adam rushed in, Sean trailing behind who looked panicked and had no idea what was going on and joined Adam in the front seat.

Sean ended up sitting on Adam, but like who was complaining? No one. Of course Nate probably disliked that whole thing, but there were greater matters to deal with.

As Nate started the car and drove out of the basement, Claire looked down at her hand which still had Lucas' in it and smiled softly.

She didn't ever think about how easy this was going to be.

The end

Jkjkkjkk it's not the end