29

Hey I wanted y'all to know that I'll be writing upto chapter 40 more or less. That will be the end. Hope y'all are looking forward to it as much as I am :D

Claire and Adam had come to only drop Wesley off, but ended up having a few drinks with Nate and passed out on the couch.

Now, Nate was busy explaining how the things should work. Claire and him were huddled over a table with their mobiles on a website, both of them nodded at each other looking very professional to Adam.

Who, by the way, woke up groggily, and confused as ever. He just stared at them from behind, trying to eavesdrop but gave up anyway as in the end they would explain it to him.

Claire grinned, confirming an address and saving it.

"Is this it? I'll find Lucas here?" She asked.

Nate did finger guns, saying, "Betcha. I know his schedule."

"Are you his assistant-"

"No."

"Secretary-?"

"No." Nate rolled his eyes. He expected that. "I'm just very trustworthy."

"You just told me everything."

"Yeah you can trust me on that too." Nate laughed. "So, Lucas always visits exhibitions, and so he also is definitely going to this art exhibition today. All the best."

------£-£-£+£-£---_------_-

Claire was here because she decided she'll take up Wesley's suggestion. It's true that she never talked to Lucas about this.

What if Lucas was easy to convince?

Just what if?

She needed to give it a go. But what keeps her heart pounding hard in her chest is that she doesn't want to hurt him. Last time they met, she realised that, in the end, she was doing all of this not for Hailey but for herself.

Call her selfish, but she can't stand another woman laying her hands on him.

She didn't forget that one important thing to bring along with her today. She visited her parents before coming here, just to pick up the old Polaroid camera which surprisingly.. still worked with a new reel.

Fortunately the guard here let her take it in.

She sighed, looking around, trying to figure out who among everyone would be Lucas.

A suit? Hair?

What should she look at?

Shoes? Or rich aura?

.. crystal blue eyes. She gulped when she spotted them looking right back at her. Yeah no shit, Lucas found her first.

Dammit. Does she look suspicious now?

He was wearing jeans, and a white turtle neck, that she never thought would make her feel the way she was feeling right then. .. she doesn't know how to describe it, so readers have to comply.

"Claire?" He smiled wide, rushing to stand next to her in no time. He pulled out his hand from his pocket to give her a handshake, but instead ended up recieving a highfive. ".. ha ha."

"Sorry." Claire apologised. If this was how it's going to be, then god forbid she could even get her work done.

"You're into art?" He asked, as if all these years she wasn't into such an ethereal art like himself.

"You can definitely say that. I'm here for.. inspiration." She bluffed. She made sure that he noticed the camera in her hands, and he did so when she pointed to a painting using the camera. "These paintings give me ideas.. for my book."

More than these paintings, the only thing giving her immense inspiration to keep going was Lucas himself. His presence was enough for Claire to want to continue her.. erotica.

Don't judge, it's just her way of explaining desires.

"That's the Polaroid!" He chirped, taking it from her hands. "It feels good to hold it."

"It still works, you can try it out."

They started walking ahead, Lucas looking at the paintings and sculptures, while Claire looked at him.   It was obvious that Claire never wanted to leave him. She hoped that Lucas would understand her.

But deep down somewhere, she knew that he didn't.

"Take this." Lucas smiled, handing her the camera back. "Click me."

"Okay." She said, clicking a picture of him, and waiting for the image to appear.

"Okay now stare at it. It'll last longer."

Fuck, if only she didn't want to hurt him, she would have whooped his ass. The temperature was rising in her, her lips opening and closing like a fish.

"I-"

"It's fine, I get it." He chuckled. "I was kidding, please don't mind me."

"Oh."

She wanted to die.

How fucking flustering was this?

"Small world." Lucas shrugged. "We keep bumping into each other."

This was going to be the end of her. If in the next 24 hours, Claire doesn't make it alive, then it's on Lucas.

It wasn't a joke.

"Definitely." Claire agreed.

"Since we did meet, let's have lunch." Lucas offered.

Actually, Lucas was doing it all himself. Finding her, asking out for lunch, he was being so easy for her. Anyway, she agreed for that too, glad that she got to have lunch with him now.

.. Claire wasn't being her usual self.

Something about this was so different. As if she was craving to be here from the start. As if she had stopped being in denial.

As if, Lucas wanted her to be here.

.
.
.
.

I know. I know okay this was a very small chapter coz I ran out of words :(

Some day when I edit this I'll make it nice