26

Hehe triple update

They found out Wesley wasn't that loaded anymore. He lost all his dad's money and now was desperately in need of jobs.

He did get fired a lot, but he didn't give up just yet and come back to his daddy.

"The biggest betrayal of the century." Adam tutted. "I thought he was dead."

"Everyone thought that." Claire had responded.

On the other side of the city, Lucas was having a hearty conversation with his good ol' friend Sean, having a nice cup of coffee.

(A/n What's this weird obsession with coffee smh)

Sean was delighted to be able to attend Lucas' wedding. He was totally excited.

They were sitting in Lucas' living room, on the couches.

"How's business been going?" Sean asked, smiling wide.

"It's going amazing lately. Nothing to lose about now." Lucas replied.

"Only if you have kept the contract safe." Sean warned but oh, Sean, and Lucas, the two men oblivious to the fact that Nate had done his job, getting an extra copy of the contract for himself.

"I bet you met Nate already." Lucas grinned. "I called him over."

"Oh." Was the only thing the shorter could reply, because that was the last thing he wanted to do. Meet Nate again.

But Lucas didn't know about that. He still thought everyone was on good terms just like Lucas and him. But damn, the situation was way worse. After openly insulting Nate in the building a week ago even though there wasn't anyone around, Sean wanted to never meet him again.

Lucas' eyes brightened up at some thought that Sean didn't know, before he voiced it, "Should I call others too? Everyone is in the town!"

Sean wondered whether anyone in the company knew about the doe eyed Lucas that was the real him?

"Others? Who? Hailey?"

"Ya'know, Hailey, Connor, oh yes Adam and.. and Claire."

Sean froze in his seat, extremely bewildered at the fact that that day finally arrived when everyone from the highschool would meet on bad terms like these.

"A-Are you serious?" He asked. "Adam? And Claire?"

Lucas nodded, finding the idea a little too absurd too. "You know what, nevermind." He spoke. "Let's not. Haha, that'll be awkward."

"You think?" Sean retorted, annoyed.

"I didn't say I think-" as Lucas was about to complete his sentence, Nate walked in, dressed formally just like everyone else with a black tie to top it off with.

"Oh hey, guys." He said, before taking a seat next to Lucas and folding one leg over the other. "Good morning, Lucas."

"Morning, Nate." Lucas smiled softly, patting him on his shoulder.

It was no secret that over the years Nate really grew fond of Lucas in moments like these. They bonded very well, and Nate treated him like his own little brother.

Lucas was admirable to him but for Lucas, Nate was someone who reminded him why he was here today.

If it weren't for Nate, Lucas would have quit this job soon after his dad had recovered all those years ago. But he kept going on just became Nate was there too, and Nate had no other option.

When Lucas learned the truth, he started trusting Nate a lot and the same with the said guy too.

"Moore." Sean scoffed. "What's good?"

"Just living." He answered, resting his back on the couch.

Sean nodded, still eyeing him.

"Did something happen between you?" Lucas asked, big eyes looking at Nate.

Nate shook his head. "You think?"

"Why's everyone asking me that?" Lucas frowned. "I didn't say I think-"

"He's too busy for something to happen." Sean cut Lucas off, tilting his head. "Isn't that it, Moore?"

"Never said that."

Lucas decided it would be better not to ask, just let them sort it out. So he sunk back on his seat. Or maybe he should just leave??

"Ahem." Lucas cleared his throat, getting their attention. "I'mma go hit the washroom."

"Oh, okay." Nate smiled, which Lucas returned none the less.

He jogged up to his room. When he did go, Sean hissed at Nate, teeth clenching.

"Why are you here?" He asked.

"Lucas asked me to be here." Nate rolled his eyes at the smaller guy who puffed his cheeks. "Don't forget Lucas is my boss."

"Kiss his ass, mfucker."

Nate let out an amused smile. "Why are you so moody all the time?"

"I'm not."

"And to think so low of me, Sean, you've crossed it." Nate chuckled, hands spreading on the backrest of the couch.

"Was I lying?" The other retorted.

Nate went quite for a moment. "No, No you weren't. Must have been entertaining, to talk of me as a speck of dust."

"You're lucky, Moore. There weren't many present that day."

"Didn't stop you from treating me exacyly the way they do."

They fall into silence, once Nate said that, while Sean just kept staring at him.

Nate couldn't meet his eyes, just looked anywhere but him. And his hands slowly came back to his sides.

"Nice meeting you, Mr.Wood." Nate broke the silence, forcing a smile out of himself, and adjusting his collar. "I won't attend to you again."

The other could only stare, because he really couldn't process everything's that was happening. They were on good terms, really.

Sean and Nate, were always on good terms since highschool.

So why now?

"N-Nate-" Sean gulped. "Can we fix this?"

"You can, but it won't be the same." Nate replied, "Just like nothing's same anymore."

The smaller stood up, bottom lip jutting out in a pout. "Stop being so dramatic."

Nate looked up at him from where he was sitting. "Dramatic? Me? Are you sure it's not you, looking at how you spoke to me in the building?"

"Nate! Come on I was angry!" He whined, walking forward and Nate's eyes followed how he came and stood in front of him. "Don't be mad now."

"Apologise."

"Hey! I can't believe you're mad over something like this!"

"And I can't believe you're mad over me not having time for you, and jealous over me and Lucas."

Sean huffed, folding his arms. "Sorry."

Nate tried not to break into a smile, and just looked at him again. "I didn't hear that."

"I'm going to kill you!"

The other laughed, pulling Sean down to sit next to him. "Kill me with your looks?" He snaked his hands down Sean's sides, resting them on his hips.

"Shut up."