Why must time move so slowly?

The day went slowly for Ashley, especially since she now had a "date" with Tyler. She was worried, but equally excited. She didn't know what to think. It was all so new to her.
*ding Ding. Ding* finally the day was over. Ashley made her way to the flag pole. She could not be more nervous, and yet, as she walked, she began daydreaming.
Sepia tones surrounded her thoughts as she imagined what life could be. A perfect wedding ceremony, followed by an intimate reception. Nothjng big. Just her and her groom. *sigh* if only. Ashley wanted there to be a long time until getting married.
Ashley awoke from her daydream sitting on the brick lining of flowerbed which surrounded the flag pole. She didn't member sitting down, but the cool stone surrounding her calmed her anxious thoughts. The coolness made her feel invincible.
She wanted more of this power. 'Lie down' said the voice in her head. This voice of reason, craziness, and advice spoke out at the perfect times. Ashley called the voice Julie. Due to it's crazy, absurd tendencies.
Ashley was quickly persuaded to follow Julie's advice. Lying back completely on the stone was the best idea ever. A smooth autumn breeze dancing across her face. Her hair swirling against the lively flowerbed. The clouds above her acting out elaborate tales of love, regret, and power. A history of those who came before us.