School.

Ashley was so bored. Could math go any slower? Ugh! And it didn't help that the teacher had moved her next to the biggest jerk Tyler. All he ever did was obsess over what ever one of his chicks was on top this week. And yet, she couldn't help but want to be on that list, even if just for a day.
She wanted to be wanted, but didn't want to be hurt and deal with the complications of a relationship. The awkwardness of meeting the parents, the sweaty palms of a first hand holding, or the worry of fresh breath when preparing for the first kiss. All the things she daydreamed about having. None of the things she wanted to commit to.

"Ashley. ASHLEY!" Her teacher said, looking over at the seating chart, to ensure her name was Ashley. "Huh? What? oh..." She sheepishly said, awaking from her trance, blushing that the whole class was looking at her. "I'm sorry Ms. S. I don't know what happened there." "Don't worry! I know what happened-you turned bright red all of a sudden and Tyler started rubbing your back to try to calm you down. And then you were just. Well, gone." Said the student behind her.

Why would she just collapse? Why was she so hot and red? What was happening to her? And what did the girl sitting behind Ashley mean that Tyler had been touching her?! She couldn't remember anything. Was she really that exhausted? Or was her luck changing?

The rest of math seemed to go uneventfully for Ashley. But she quickly observed that Tyler was clocking her. Silently eyeing her. Judging, pondering, always watching.
It freaked her out, but she also kind of enjoyed the attention, despite his mannerisms. Despite all that she'd ever thought about him, he was being really sweet and was actually worried about her well-being. Ashley's train of thought went from "eww" to "oooh!"

It was finally the end of class. Ashley was tired, bored, and just overall just very confused.
"Hey Ashley, I umm, I wanted to uh, ask you something. " what did Tyler need to ask? Thus adding to her confusion. While pondering all the options, Ashley missed what he had said.

"So?" Tyler asked impatiently. "Do you wanna study at the library tonight right after school?"

All that ran through Ashley's mind was 'OH MY GOSH. what is happening? Is this a date? Am I over thinking this? What do I do? Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!'

Yet, on the outside, Ashley remained calm, letting no uncertainty or worry show on her face. "Sure, meet in the nonfiction sitting area?"
'Nailed it! I totally played that cool!' Ashley celebrated in her head.

"Um well, actually, I was thinking we could head over there together! So meet me by the flag pole after last hour!"

"Okay" as soon as Ashley had confirmed it, Tyler immediately thought, 'yes! Finally I can get her to the boss."