What happened?

"Ashely, this is the Flint Library. It's very special to me. I have so many memories that evolved here, and yet, so few people know about it. I've never told anyone about it until now. Ashley, sweet, beautiful Ashley, I want you to know this special place. To know the memories coursing through my brain. I want to make new memories," Tyler said, coming closer and closer to Ashley, "I want to make new memories...with you."

"Tyler, I don't know what to say! We barely know each other! I guess I-"
"Ashley, I know you don't truly believe that. We have been in the same class since 1st grade! I know you know me. You're afraid. Why don't you want to get close to me? Am I not good enough for you? What should I do? "

"Ty, yes. I know about you. I too have sweet memories. A lot of them including you. We were best friends for crying out loud. You used to know every about me. Do you remember that? Coming to my house everyday to watch some random cartoon?"
"Oh come on Ash, you loved the cartoons-"

"No Tyler! No I didn't. I loved you! I hated those stupid shows! I could've been watching My Magical Pony Princess! I knew from the time you first moved in to the house down the street that you were different! I was just hoping you wouldn't be like all the other stupid guys in this area! I guess I should've gone somewhere else."

"Ashley, what changed? Tell me! I can change, I can be better!"

"What changed? WHAT CHANGED? You did Tyler. Your mannerisms became cliché! You became the stuck up little boy who thought he knew everything! You became a jerk. That part didn't change. Don't you remember grade school? Like in third grade, when you glued my butt to the chair on field day when my friends were the only ones trying to help. Or in fifth grade when you convinced the school that I was an ugly toad with warts just before the Valentine's Day dance. But what really hurt, was when you just started ignoring me. That's when I told myself to walk away and never look back. Yes tyler, I looked back. Not just once or twice. But every freaking day! Hoping, just hoping that one day you'd look back too! And you know what? You never did. I don't even know if I can trust you anymore. What do you say Tyler? Should I take a chance on you? Or should I run? As fast as I can?"
"Ashley, sweet Ashley, I deny nothing. Yes I glued you to the chair... But only because I was being blackmailed by Ollie and everyone. They threatened to spill a bit of information they'd found about about you-"
"Wait-if the information was about me-why were you being blackmailed?" She said, popping her hip and crossing her arms.
"Well I guess it was about both of us..."
"Yeah? What was it? I'm not taking another step until you tell me."
"Haha always so stubborn! I guess you haven't changed all that much since we were kids! You really want to know?" Ashley just gave him a 'duh' face and stood there. "Okay I get the hint. The secret was..."