Wait what?!

"Seriously Ashley, are you okay? You keep fainting!"

In her head, Ashley was thinking, what is happening? I have no idea what Tyler just said. He's gonna be so mad at me. I have to play this off...
But before she could collect herself, she completely fell apart.

"Oh Tyler, I'm so sorry! I don't know what's happening. I shouldn't have yelled at you. I honestly don't even know why I was so pissed at you." Tears were streaming down her face in a winding path down her cheeks. She couldn't help it. She rushed into his unsuspecting arms.

"Ashley, lovely Ashley, I don't care. I only want you to be okay. Better than okay actually. I want you to be happy."

Ashley didn't know what to say. So she let the silence speak for her.

And that it did. The lack of movement and sound enveloped the two of them. Acting as a blanket, warming their chilled bodies and bringing their hearts together. The silence was perfect. Nothing could change the feelings they shared. Together they were sheltered from the brisk, fast moving wind. Protection from the world that tried to break their strength apart.
It wasn't until several minutes later that Tyler spoke. Nervousness filled his voice and hope shone from his eyes.
"Is that a yes then?"
"Wait. What?"
Tyler chuckled.
"Earlier I told you that when we were younger, well not just back then... I actually have been contemplating telling you this for a long, really long time. I just didn't know how to. I was. Am attracted to you. Ashley, will you go out with me?"