𝓢𝓬𝓮𝓷𝓮 𝟏

❝𝑭𝒐𝒓 𝒎𝒚 𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒚 𝒊𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝑭𝒐𝒓𝒄𝒆, 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒂 𝒑𝒐𝒘𝒆𝒓𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒚 𝒊𝒕 𝒊𝒔.❞ – 𝒀𝒐𝒅𝒂

❈✱❉✤❈✱❉

The starship rattled against the powerful ice winds swirling and whipping through Ilum's atmosphere as the ship descended towards the ice barren landscape below. From where Astrid sat by the window, hemmed between the ship's durasteel wall and the boy-- another Padawan like her-- sitting beside her, she could make out through the snowy wind the jagged ice wall piercing into the sky. 

Astrid touched a hand to the frigid window, the cold of the glass burning her fingers with its biting chill. She quickly withdrew her hand and stuffed it into one of the fur lined pockets of her heavy-winter Jedi cloak. 

She cast a look around the ship to where the other four Padawans sat around her. There was the boy next to her with the burnt sienna colored hair-- he looked a year or so older than her, which was strange considering the other Padawans were all roughly her age (fifteen to be exact). And there another boy with black hair beside him

Astrid twisted around just slightly to glance behind her at the two girls sitting beside each other, whispering conspiratorially to one another. 

Astrid was betting they were plotting how they were going to find their kyber crystals-- the crystals inside their (very first) lightsabers-- before anyone else. They had obviously decided to team up, although Astrid didn't think that was very smart. 

Each Padawan followed their own path in discovering their kyber crystals in the mysterious Crystal Caves of Ilum. Supposedly, the Padawans must face their inner obstacles and trust their instincts to find their own distinctive kyber crystal. 

Because each Padawan has their own unique inner obstacles, the path they must follow to find their kyber crystal would differ between them. It would only be a matter of time before the two girls behind her would have to separate and go their own way in search of their crystal. 

Teaming up was practically useless. 

Astrid sighed as she faced forward again, her eyes snagging on the short, jade green alien standing in the front of the starship, his wide, bulbous eyes scanning the Padawans with keen wisdom and serenity. 

Whereas the Padawans had an air of anticipation and nervousness, the green Jedi Master was calm and serene. His large eyes caught her gaze, and Astrid sucked in a breath, chest constricting with trepidation as her breath caught in her throat. 

He offered her a small, reassuring smile before his gaze moved to the boy beside her. Something flickered in his eyes-- worry or perhaps unease-- as he studied the sierra haired boy. 

Her curiosity piqued at the Jedi Master's strange reaction to the boy, and she turned to the boy beside her. Facing him fully, she could now see his face better, and she found herself mesmerized by how, well, handsome he was. 

His eyes were the most brilliant blue-- almost too blue. His face was chiseled, with a sharp jawline, but fresh-faced, revealing his youth. 

"What color are you hoping your kyber crystal will be?" she inquired curiously before he could catch her staring. 

The boy looked surprised that she had spoken. His brows tugged upwards as the corner of his mouth lifted into a crooked grin. His azure eyes sparkled as he replied, "Blue. I want my lightsaber to be blue."