𝓢𝓬𝓮𝓷𝓮 𝟏𝟏

❝𝑻𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆'𝒔 𝒂𝒍𝒘𝒂𝒚𝒔 𝒂 𝒃𝒊𝒈𝒈𝒆𝒓 𝒇𝒊𝒔𝒉.❞ -- 𝑸𝒖𝒊 𝑮𝒐𝒏 𝑱𝒊𝒏𝒏

❈✱❉✤❈✱❉

By now the Separatist base's warning systems were blaring so loudly in the hallway that Astrid was surprised her eardrums hadn't ruptured yet. The blaring must've managed to awaken Master Secura because she stirred between Astrid and Anakin. 

"Master Secura!" Astrid exclaimed. Her master managed to stand up on her own, and she offered Astrid a smile as she rubbed her head with a hand. 

"It's good to see you, Astrid." 

Astrid couldn't contain her beam, but she managed to resist the urge to wrap her arms around her master into a hug. She had a feeling that wouldn't sit well with the stiff Jedi Master. 

"We don't really have time for this right now," Master Kenobi told them from where he stood waiting a few feet in front of them. "We need to get to our ship without getting captured. Everyone can catch up on the latest then." 

Aayla Secura nodded in understanding and said, "Well, then let's go. I'm ready to be off this base." 

The five of them picked up into a sprint as they raced through the hallways to the northern entrance. Well, Artoo more like glided on his treads. Every once in a while, Master Secura would stumble, and Astrid or Anakin would grab her arm to keep her upright and running. 

A squad of five battle droids appeared ahead of them in the hallway, and in front of Astrid and the rest of their group, Master Kenobi ignited his lightsaber. He swiftly cut down three of the battle droids in one swoop of his lightsaber and shoved the other two against the wall with the Force. The two droids collapsed to the ground in a mesh of metal. 

They didn't waste another moment before they continued onwards at a sprint. They turned a corner, and Astrid spotted the entrance ahead. She let out a breath of relief. 

Finally. 

But when they emerged from the dim-lit base, they were met with a horde of both battle droids and destroyer droids. "I have a bad feeling about this," Anakin muttered from beside Astrid as the two of them blocked the wave of blaster fire directed towards their group. 

Although they were able to take down a few droids by reflecting their blaster fire right back at them and by occasionally cutting a droid down, the group of Jedi were vastly outnumbered. 

"Anakin!" Master Kenobi shouted over the sounds of fighting and screaming blaster fire. "You and Astrid split off to our ship! Master Secura and I are going to take one of the Separatist's starships to escape!" 

Master Secura seemed to disagree. "Master Kenobi, do you not think it would be wiser if we stay with our respective Padawans?" When Master Kenobi didn't respond, she continued as she slashed down a droid, "Astrid and I will take one of the Separatist starship, while you and Padawan Skywalker run to your own starship." 

"Well, I suppose--" Obi Wan Kenobi began, but Master Secura cut him off. 

"Perfect. Split up now!" 

Anakin and Obi Wan Kenobi (and Artoo) went right, while Aayla Secura and Astrid went to the left. Astrid struck down a few blaster fire with a slash of her lightsaber behind her back as she sprinted after Master Secura. 

They ducked into the nearest Separatist starship, and Master Secura's nimble fingers flew over the controls as she began to start the starship's engines. The starship hummed and flickered to life, and Astrid ran to the open bay door as droids flooded towards them.