𝓢𝓬𝓮𝓷𝓮 𝟏𝟐

❝𝑾𝒆 𝒎𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒌𝒆𝒆𝒑 𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒇𝒂𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝑹𝒆𝒑𝒖𝒃𝒍𝒊𝒄. 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝒅𝒂𝒚 𝒘𝒆 𝒔𝒕𝒐𝒑 𝒃𝒆𝒍𝒊𝒆𝒗𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒅𝒆𝒎𝒐𝒄𝒓𝒂𝒄𝒚 𝒄𝒂𝒏 𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒌 𝒊𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒅𝒂𝒚 𝒘𝒆 𝒍𝒐𝒔𝒆 𝒊𝒕.❞ - 𝑸𝒖𝒆𝒆𝒏 𝑱𝒂𝒎𝒊𝒍𝒍𝒊𝒂

❈✱❉✤❈✱❉

As Astrid pushed her starship into hyperspace towards Master Kenobi's coordinates, she wished she had Artoo with her, both to keep her company and to help her if something started going wrong with the ship. After all, she wasn't a mechanic. 

Anakin and droids like Artoo were the mechanics.

And she was by herself, so if something did go wrong, she was sort of screwed. She didn't want to disappoint her master, especially since her master was entrusting Astrid with this vital mission and it was Astrid's first solo mission. 

Failure simply wasn't in Astrid's vocabulary. 

Astrid sighed as she plopped down in the pilot's seat and gazed out at the blur of stars as her starship hurtled through space. She should arrive in Tatooine at the end of the Coruscanti day. 

As she sat there, she mulled over everything she knew about Tatooine. She knew it was a desert planet in the Outer Rim, as far away as a planet could get from the Core System in which Coruscant resided. The planet was a part of a binary sun system, revolving around the two suns, Tatoo I and Tatoo II. 

Because the planet was scorched dry by the suns, it had no surface water, forcing its inhabitants to draw moisture from the arid air through moisture farms. 

Because of unsuccessful colonization efforts on the desert planet, Tatooine had become a haven for smugglers and criminal activity, and the planet still practiced slavery. The few inhabitants who strove to make a decent living on Tatooine resided in isolated pockets scattered around the planet. 

Astrid shuddered at the realization that Anakin had grown up in such a cruel environment. She wondered if he had worked on a moisture farm, or perhaps had even owned a farm. 

Or maybe Anakin had partaken in criminal activity as Marilyn had seemed to imply to her when they had arrived in Coruscant after The Gathering in Ilum. 

She supposed she might find out soon. 

Astrid sighed as she settled deeper into her seat and closed her eyes. It would be a while before she arrived, so she might as well get some sleep. 

❈✱❉✤❈✱❉

Astrid was awoken by the shuddering of her starship as it exited out of hyperspace. She quickly sat up in her seat and looked out the viewport window. She was met with the view of a beige and brown planet, hovering in the dark abyss of space. 

Two spheres of light-- the two suns-- glared in the black distance of space. 

She had arrived at Tatooine. 

Astrid took over manual control of the starship and steered towards the planet. She tapped in Master Kenobi's coordinates into the navicomputer before putting the starship back on autopilot, allowing the starship to direct her to Master Kenobi and Anakin's location, itself.