Chapter 28: We're going hunting

-Parker's POV-

I felt the pain before I registered what it was.

Jared had just finished telling me everything that happened when I was healing. About Cedric and his gift, something Kayla could have as a Luna.

As he talked I could feel a deep pain settle into my abdomen and gripped it with a strength I didn't know I could manage in my condition. Jared automatically stopped talking and sprang to me in worry. Was I not healing correctly? Is this pain someone else's? After that thought my eyes snapped over to Kayla. She continued to sleep peacefully as I made pained movements to lift up her shirt to make sure she wasn't injured.

"Parker what's wrong?" Jared yelled at me for what seemed the billionth time.

"I don't know," I confessed, "I think a pack member is hurt." Jared wasted no time with getting everyone on the phone and checking for any injuries. This many new people in our pack link can be too hectic to try to convey a warning to everybody, especially since their Alpha's were injured and weaken the link to everybody.

It took mere minutes to figure out who the pain was coming from. "Christian isn't answering his phone."

With all the strength I had I stood up away from the warmth that radiated off my mate. She needs me to heal but how am I supposed to stand her while a member of my pack was injured and alone.

"Cedric isn't answering either." Jared told me and I felt my heart starting to tear at the dilemma set up in front of me. The people behind this knew I would never leave Kayla if I were to awaken before her, but they probably also knew what it's like for an Alpha to run his pack and the connection he feels towards his brethren. "Parker I need to go check on Christian and Cedric last time they checked in they were together at Kayla's house. I'll update you when I get there."

"No." Jared made move to leave but I stopped him. "I'm going not you."

"But Parker you're not strong enough and Kayla needs--" I cut him off.

"You stay and protect her I will go." I told him in a voice that asserted my dominance. "I will update you if anything happens." Jared made no protest after that, but his concern was still thick in the room.

Christian and my healing processes were starting to work as I made my way to Jared's car, grabbing his keys at the door. I had driven to Kayla's house many times but never in such urgency as I felt right now. In my head I could hear Kayla begging me to save her brother, the brother that is blessed with the power of a natural Alpha. With his strength and reflexes, I am amazed at the fact that someone could out fight him. Maybe it wasn't one on one, but rather three on one, or twenty. The possibilities running through my head made me absentmindedly bring my foot down harder on the gas.

I got to Kayla's and practically threw myself out of the car and sprinted towards the door, which was visibly already open. Before I even stepped out of the car I could smell blood. And lots of it.

My nose lead me through the house and to the kitchen where all was left was a pool of blood stained into the white carpet and tile floor. I couldn't tell whose blood it was just by looking at it but by the scent in the room I could tell that someone from my pack was standing in here for a long time before they were taken. Taken. This must be Christian's blood. Rage blurred my vision and the red that stained the floor also clouded my vision. Someone was messing with me, my life and my family. They need to die. Pay for everything they have done. They need to be burned and ripped to shreds. They need to be tortured and forced to watch as I murder their families and kill their-- "PARKER!" My raging thoughts were interrupted by someone yelling my name. Not even bothering turning I could tell that the voice was from my brother. "Parker there you are what happened in--" He stopped mid sentence and exploded into a coughing fit as he breathed in the toxic fumes of fresh blood that coated the air. I couldn't smell anything, I couldn't see anything but the blood pooling around a place where my pack member was taken and tortured to who knows what extend.