Chapter 16: Forgetting something?

-Kayla's POV-

"Oh my god," I gush. "Where did you learn to cook like this?" I ask Parker as I take another bite of the eggs he made me.

"Just kinda learned," he shrugs.

"Oh god I haven't had eggs like theses in forever," I tell him. "My dad used to make them on Fridays cause he had the day off and would wake up early. But they were never as good as these."

"Why thank you," Parker does a little bow and I laugh.

"Speaking of Fridays," Ian speaks up. "We called you in sick today. I'm taking a sick day too to stay with you."

"Wait what!" I drop my fork into the plate with a loud thud. "It's Friday?"

"Yeah why?" Christian asks.

"What time is it?" I ask frantic.

"It's like 1 o' clock on Friday." Parker tells me with a confused expression.

"Oh crap," I slap my forehead with palm. "Derick Party."

"Who's?" Parker asks.

"Today is Derick's birthday," I explain to him. "We were gonna celebrate today after school and I was gonna announce the trip."

"Well you can still go," Christian tells me. "It's only one you can go home change and Parker can drop you off at your friends house or something."

"True," I sighed and Parker let out a low growl and pulled me in closer to him. "What?" I asked him.

"I don't want you to leave," He says into the crook of my neck.

"Awww," I turn my head and see Ian and Christian gushing at us.

"You two are so cute," Ian coos.

"I want a mate," Christian whines and I laugh at him.

"You'll find one soon enough," I assure him.

"Yeah I wish," he grumbles and crosses his arms over his chest like a 5 year old.

"Where did Jared go?" I ask trying to change the subject.

"Why don't you ask him?" Christian says with a grin.

"What do you mean?" I ask with a confused face.

"Your a Luna now," Parker says. "You can communicate with the pack now inside your mind." Parker taps his head indicating his point.

"How?" I ask now intrigued.

"Well," Ian starts. "You just have to try and think like your talking to him, and say what you wanted to say to him in your mind."

"Okay," I say slowly and Christian laughs.

"It's weird trying to teach somebody this," Parker explains as I glare at Christian. "We were all born with this and learned it naturally but we have to teach you."

"Okay," I say again nodding.

"Now try," Parker encourages. "Just try to contact Jared once and then we'll leave for your party." I nod and take a deep breath.

I can do this.

I'm a Luna now I have to do this.

Closing my eyes I take every thought out of my mind besides Jared. What he was wearing the first day we met. His funny, yet flirty personality. I hone in on him, and just him.

Jared? I ask somewhat in my mind.

Yes Luna? I hear back and jump a little at the familiar voice. Parker tightens his hold on me.