Chapter 7: Unbareable absence

This chapter has been partially edited since the completion of Secret Puppy Love.

-Kayla's POV-

There was a draft from the slightly ajar window that caused me to shiver most of the night. Though, during all the frivolous shaking, I refused to leave the safety of my bed in order to close it. There are not many times that I get cold, I naturally have always seemed able to regulate my heat, but tonight my shivers were so painfully present that sleep did not dare come near me until later in the morning. My dreams, though, started far before I closed my eyes. 

Everything centered around a certain dreamy brunette, awake or asleep. Never in a million years would I have thought I would receive a perfect first date from a trip to an aquariums. His infectious smile haunted the muscles in my face, causing them to mimic the motion involuntarily. Even my cold to the touch skin could not keep out the warm left over from where his skin brushed mine.

The only thing that kept me sleeping, sleeping and enjoying the little warmth of my bedroom, was that Parker had said he wanted to something again today as well. Butterflies ate at my stomach as I turned onto my back. I was giddy, that is for sure. My arms started to tingle and my toes curled at the pleasant sensation of my dating nerves.

My eyes fluttered awake as the muscles of my feet cramped, my toes unwilling to uncurl themselves. I hissed in pain, pushing off my arms to get into a sitting position. My arms buckled in pain, leaving me to fall backwards, my head nearly slamming into the headboard. Screaming, my body shook as the butterflies started to bite into the skin of my stomach, unmerciful in their attempts of attacking. Every sensor in my mind was on high alarm as I thrashed around my sheets, none of my attempts at lessening the pain particularly quiet.

The edges of my thoughts were clouded with pain. Cedric barely registered as his blurry figure exploded through my door and leaped to my side, gripping my arm tightly as he tried to yell over my screaming. There was a brief pain in the tips of my fingers before a blinding pain circled in the pits of my stomach. The agony was so omnipresent that my throat closed, preventing me from screaming anymore. 

I opened my eyes for a only a moment and saw Cedric in hysterics inches from my face, his eyes shone red while his words were lost to the pressure in my ears. His hair looked darker in the pitch black of the midnight room, almost brunette instead of his normal shiny blonde locks. For a moment he looked like Parker. 

My toes uncurled but the pressure in my head remained. I felt a pinch at my shoulder, as if someone had stabbed me with the same type of need they use for a flu shot.

Any erratic breathes turned to sobs as my body relaxed, my vision blackening. Arms, which I assume to be Cedric's, wrapped around me and started to rock my quivering body back and forth. What could have been hours passed along like blurry seconds as I slowly passed out.

___________

-Parker's POV-

After the guys had reassured me that I had nothing to worry about with Kayla I had gone straight to bed. I really stressed myself out worrying over my mate that I ended up just knocking myself out and going to bed.

Some time in the middle of the night I felt a huge pain in my stomach. As being what I am I have suffered great pain and this didn't bother me as much as it should. I groaned and fell out of my bed.

My inner wolf was basically a puppy high on weed trying to get set free. I couldn't concentrate on control and the pain so I accidentally let my guard slip and my inner wolf sprang out. I yelled and smashed the footboard of the bed with my fist.

I felt myself starting to change. I could feel my skin starting to change and conform to my full form. I let the beast come out. All I could think about was Kayla, and I needed to get to her.