Chapter 15: Marked

-Kayla's POV-

My. Head. Hurts.

That's the first thing I notice as I start to wake up.

Groaning, I roll over onto my back and rub my eyes.

What happened last night?

As I slowly open my eyes light fills them and I look away from the brightness.

Wolf.

Parker.

Change.

Born with it.

I sit up with a jolt as last night starts filling into my head.

He changes. Into a wolf.

A werewolf.

I'm dating a werewolf.

My eyes widen even more at the next thought.

I'm falling in love with a werewolf.

As I rub my eyes again I notice that my sheets feel different. So does my comforter.

My eyes snap open.

So does my clothes.

Frantic I look down and see I'm in clothes, not my red dress from last night.

I'm also not in my sheets... or my bed.

Cautiously I scan the rest of the room and let out a little squeal as I see him.

Parker's head snaps up from looking at the floor to me. I relax a little as I see it's him and not some total stranger.

"Kayla?" he croaks and gets up. I look up at his face as he gets closer. His eyes are blood shot and dark circles surround his eyes. He sits down next to me on the bed and I feel my heart break to see him like this. Werewolf or not.

My Parker's beating himself up.

Without thinking, I reach out my hand and cup his face. He has a little stubble at his chin, as if he hasn't shaved in a few days. He looks like a zombie.

"Parker," I start and he closes his eyes, a tear falling out. Immediately I sit up and pull him into a hug. He seems surprised at first but quickly developed me into a back breaking hug. Not that I mind.

"Parker," I start and pull away a little to look at him. "Parker are you really a--"

"Yes," He cuts me off before I could finish my question.

"You change." I stated and he nods. "Into a wolf?"

"Yes, and yes." I see his eyes starting to water as he answers.

"A werewolf?" I ask to make sure and he lets out a loose chuckle.

"Yes you could call me that." I do something next that takes Parker by surprise. I smile.

"All this time?" I ask. "You've been able to turn into a wolf?" he smiles at the lightness in my voice.

"Why don't you seem surprised? Or weirded out?" he asks.

"I don't know." I let out a chuckle. "Who knows maybe I'm crazy but you don't seem any different." and then I added. "Besides the fact that you look like you haven't slept in days."

"I couldn't sleep last night." He admits with a sad smile. "I knew that I had to tell you and I had a feeling you would run off screaming bloody murder."

"We'll I'm still here," I smile but then my smile drops. "Where exactly is here?"

"Here as in the pack house. Or here as in one of the guest bedrooms at my house?" he replies with another heart warming smile.