Chapter 29: An Unlikely Ally

-Cedric's POV-

I can officially check being kidnapped and drugged off of my bucket list.

Opening my eyes for the first time all I could think about was my head. Obviously I had been knocked out, but hopefully not fatally injured. The room around me was dark and screamed danger. In a state like this I would never be able to protect myself. Especially since I was tied to a chair.

The bonds that bound my hands were tight and obviously done by rope with a sturdy metal chair. Whoever did this really wanted me to have no means of escaping. My shoes were not on my feet and the cold in the room was giving my toes hell. It couldn't be this cold if I was on a ground floor of any building. I must be in a basement of some sort. Or maybe even an attic. But considering the concrete floors and open space I could feel within the room I was able to rule out the latter.

My mind raced to figure out what had happened. I was at my house with someone else, I couldn't even remember the dude's name. There must have been a struggle seeing as my knuckles burned and my knee seemed colder than the rest of my leg. Even seeing as I couldn't see anything I could tell there was a hole on my left pant knee.

Dammit how could I have let this happen! Kayla was counting on me, my baby sister was counting on me to defend her and her honor. Defend my family, both new and old.

Before I could beat myself up anymore, a light shone into the darkened room and blinded me momentarily.

"Well you were right," a voice said appearing from the light. "He is awake." As soon as the light had appeared it also disappeared. I heard, what I assumed to be, a door close and the darkness was back. I couldn't see the people's faces but I recognized one of their voices.

"Oh what do I owe the pleasure," I choked out, coughing up a storm from using my dry throat. I felt a slap hit me in the cheek and my head whipped to the side.

"You do not speak unless spoken to!" A different voice yelled and I cringed, feeling dizzier than before.

"Now, now Matthew we don't want to make our guest feel uncomfortable." If I had known where he was I would have spit on him.

"Sorry, sir." The guy who slapped me, his voice, seemed to have shrunken back into the corner that he came from.

"Now Cedric," I saw fast movement through the darkness and heard a clap come from his hands. "You tell us what we want to hear and we can make this as painless as possible." If I hadn't known any better I might have compared him to a teacher that scold you by being warm and gentle. "Do you understand?" I hesitated with a response, last time I talked I got slapped. But I very well might be again if I didn't understand.

"I understand." I told him coldly.

"Good." His ghostly silhouette started to pace the length of the room. "Now tell me Cedric where you live."

"In a house." I said bluntly and immediately saw him stop pacing and whipped his hand across my face.

"Address." He hissed at me and I told him my address, which seemed pointless seeing that he was just at my house luring me to come with him. "Good. Now do you have any other family that lives in town?" Again I did not see the use of any of these questions.

"No."

"Does everyone in your household have your genes?" He didn't need to elaborate on the meaning of the question.

"Yes." I kept my answers blunt as he asked another set of random questions. They varied from whether or not I run in the morning, to what size pants do I wear. I swear that if I hadn't been slapped for a few more of my smartass answers then I could have been convinced this was all a crazy dream.