[Chapter Fifty-Two] Shawn

Chapter Fifty-Two – Shawn

I didn't know what I was supposed to do with a seven year old little girl, I mean, I'm not used to it and Mari wouldn't give me any hints on what she liked, she told me I had to figure it out myself. Real helpful that woman is.

It's not like this is the first time I've spent time alone with her but it's the first time that I'm taking her anywhere by myself except if I'm picking her up from school, I was actually taking her out and it was a little nerve wracking. I kept feeling like I was going to mess it up and she was going to suddenly blow up or something. 

Mari waved goodbye and Lex grabbed my hand as we walk to my car and when we got in I decided that we could find some fun things to do at the mall, maybe, I don't know but that's where we were heading. 

"What are we going to do?" she asked me and I shrugged

"We're going to the mall, is there anything you like to do there?" I asked trying to get some kind of idea.

"Can we take pictures again with Santa! Mommy took me but I want to do it again." I looked at her through the rear view mirror and she looked so sweet I wouldn't be able to say no even if I wanted to so therefore we went to see Santa and the line wasn't too bad thankfully.

She talked on and on about something, sometimes it was hard to understand her and I worried she would faint if she didn't start breathing as she rambled on. She was such a happy child and I loved that about her, I hoped this baby would grow up to be just as sweet and kind hearted as she is. 

When we got to the front she rushed over to sit on Santa's lap.

"Shawn, we can take one for mommy." She said excited and I nearly groaned, her hopeful eyes made me cave as I walked over to her slowly and we took a picture with Santa and since Mari already had some we took one more with weird faces and then through the rest of the pictures she proceeded to weird things like the weird child she is and we bought them and walked around.

She held my hand as she lightly skipped beside me and I saw a place she may like; build a bear, interesting, so I took her in there. This looked like a good place for kids. 

"You're going to let me make a bear?" she nearly squealed in excitement and I smiled down at her and she waited for my answer

"Any bear that you want." I agreed

"Will you make one with me?" she asked and I nodded. If she wanted me to make a bear, I would make a freaking bear, this was so weird for me.

She picked out a princess bear and I saw a toothless one so I decided on that one and we went over and picked a heart out and then this is where I regretted doing this.

I had to rub it and jump up and down and spin in circles with her, apparently these people don't mess  around, if you're making a bear, you're doing all this weird unnecessary stuff.

Next was the outfit, I helped her grab the higher ones off the shelf and she brought it to the 'changing room' and put it all together and I picked from the ones that fit on my animal and she even got a toothless hoodie for her bear which was pretty cute even I had to admit. 

Next we made birth certificates for our bears, this place was actually pretty cool and when I paid for it she declined the box and carried her bear with her proudly. I don't think I'll ever get over how adorable she is. 

I called Mari and she told me a place that I could take her to eat lunch and I know she said not a lot of sugar but I let her get a milkshake with lunch and I fully intended on taking her out for ice cream too.