[EPILOGUE PART ONE] Mari

listen to the song for this one <3<3

EPILOGUE PT 1

Mari's Pov

Reine, Stephanie, Kyle and I all held hands as we waited for our guys to arrive, for us it's been five months but for the kids it's been thirteen. We all decided not to tell them when they had a weekend back before they left because they accepted it when they left the first time and it would have been harder on them to only have them for a day.

Collin didn't really understand yet being only five, but at the sweet age of thirteen, Lalexia was ready to have him home. We've been married almost six years and this is the third and fourth deployment we've been through together. It was harder than I thought it would be but the girls were fantastic, I don't think I could have gotten through it without them.

"What do you think are my chances are of getting Nick to agree to number four?" Steph asked looking at mine and Reine's swollen stomachs and we both laughed, Reine and I were both about five months and got to go through this together and Stephanie wanted another baby so bad but Nick said no more after Shawn was born.

"I don't think so Steph." I patted her arm, Shawn actually didn't know I was pregnant and today at the coming home party we were going to find out the gender, Marla gave me the idea to take the results to a bakery and have them use the right color filling to tell us, it was cheesy but cute. There was a cupcake at the house for us.

I didn't tell him because I didn't want to give him one more thing to be worried about and I wanted him to be surprised, we were skeptical about another baby after the complications with Collin but I go to the doctor every two weeks and Jill says everything looks fantastic and just don't push it too hard in my third trimester.

"I don't know Steph." She may be able to get one more out of him. Kyle and David got married and they adopted a little girl at birth and the mother named her Saydee, she was three now and absolutely adorable.

 "They're coming." Reine said excited and we watched our men come out and I gripped onto the dog tags that hung around my neck, he gave me his original ones and had a set made for him again and for Lex, we both wore them when he was away.

Reine, Kyle, Steph and I all grabbed hands again as we waited for them to come out and finally at the end they walked into the open area and we rushed over there.

I yelled him name as the other girls and Kyle yelled for their guys.

Shawn's arms wrapped around me and I felt at home again, I missed him so much when he was away and the best moments are always the ones when he wraps me in his arms and that first kiss I get when he comes home, and the nights that follow.

"I missed you." he said and then he pulled back suddenly, all the girls looked over at us as he took in my stomach.

"Welcome home." I said and he looked back at my stomach. I had a shirt that said 'I'm here to pick up my daddy' over my stomach with red and blue and dog tags on it, I thought it was cute.

"You're pregnant?" he asked me and I nodded wand eventually a smile came out after the shock went away.

"I found out right after you left, I wanted to surprise you." he kissed my stomach and kissed me again earning taunts from the rest of the group.

"Do you know what it is yet?" he asked me and I shook my head, even in a crowded room it was just him and I in this moment.

"We find out today." I told him and the eight of us left and I explained everything to him while everyone else caught up with their other half on the way to lunch. It was great having everyone home and it was nice in a way that they all left together so we could all be happy together when they came home, except David, David's deployed a couple times.