SEVENTEEN

Eleanor had never found yellow to suit her - she often opted for a monochrome look, reflected in her wardrobe which almost exclusively displayed black or grey clothes  - so when she was forced into the mustard graduation gown by Bella, she was not exactly overjoyed. Whilst she had regularly been told she had a 'resting bitch face', it was nothing compared to the scowl on her face as she sat amongst the graduating class listening to Jessica's speech.

Jasper was thoroughly amused, he snaked his arm round her shoulders, pulling her slightly closer to him before he whispered, "At least try and enjoy it. After all you only graduate high school once."

The smirk of Emmett and Edward in the row in front of them did not go unnoticed by Eleanor.

"Well thank fuck for that."

Their smirks widened as a few parents shot Eleanor a disapproving look - her voice not as quiet as it could be as she swore.

She rolled her eyes at Jasper's chuckle as he squeezed her shoulder, the action encouraging a tiny smile from Eleanor as she leaned into him and waited patiently for it to be over.

When the time came that she had to collect the diploma she had barely earned, she flashed her fake smile as the camera clicked. Charlie had stood, clapping with a proud smile on his face. Eleanor knew that Charlie had cared deeply for her father, and he cared for her the same, so it was obvious that he felt it was his duty to cheer her on where her father couldn't anymore. Her smile was for him, she decided.

Alice had outdone herself with the party. The awe of the Cullen house mixed with drunken stupor and excitement of graduation created a haze of exhilaration. She had also managed to get Eleanor into a colour other than black, forcing her into a sky blue mini dress.

"You look gorgeous darlin'"

Jasper swayed as he held Eleanor in his arms, moving slowly despite the upbeat music, her head resting against his unbeating heart and her arms loosely around his neck.

"If a dress and some eye shadow impresses you, just you wait." Eleanor's brazen words were followed by a wink and a smile - a real one though, her dimples showing and lips shining in the  soft lights.

He smiled down at her, if his cheeks could flush they'd be pink.

"Not just that, you look happy."

It was Eleanor's turn to blush now, her cheeks warming in an odd sensation she hadn't experienced in a while.

"Only with you."

Eleanor pushed her head up and placed a sweet kiss on his lips.

Their moment was interrupted, however, when Edward called Jasper over. He made his way into Carlisle's office, Eleanor's hand in his own.

They shut the door behind them, the atmosphere in the room was contrary to the party - tense and grave as Alice spoke.

"The decision's been made."

Bella looked up, worry flashing in her eyes, "You're not going to Seattle,"

"No, they're coming here. They'll be here in four days."