ᵉˣᵃᵐˢ. ᵖᵃʳᵗ ᵗʰⁱʳᵗᵉᵉⁿ

[jaejin's pov]
i was now in the classroom with 10 other people competing for a spot in korea's famous university. let me tell you, these 10 people are friggin smart. one of the students here, minghao, he's a foreigner but he still speaks korean better than me.

"class, you may begin." the teacher instructed as i opened the booklet and started scribbling down the answers.

although i was one of the last ones to finish, i checked through the paper at least 5 times so that i can enter the university. as soon as i stepped out from the examination room, i started pacing around back and forth.

i felt as if i didn't check properly and i felt that i didn't try my best. i was about to have a mental break down but my favourite teacher passed by, "jaeji?"

"mr lee!" i sighed and wiped the tears that almost fell.

"just call me taeyong geez, you're my cousin, no need to be so formal." he laughed a little and hugged me.

"don't cry, you did your best. i'm sure that if you don't get in, a ton other universities would accept you. now, some people are waiting for you in the canteen." he walked off as i walked to the canteen.

i saw joshua, jeonghan, joanne, a couple of joshua's other friends and seungcheol! oh my, i missed that boy. minghao was also friends with joshua but he wasn't there so that made me confused.

"seungcheol you fricking ass i missed you!" i hugged him and felt him hug back.

"yah, i'm still older than you." seungcheol laughed and soon we pulled away.

they started talking and drinking while i walked around the school, trying to find for minghao. i saw him crying at the school hall, "hao..? everything alright?" i asked but all i got was a hug.

"i-i'm scared ja-jae.." his voice trembled which made me scared too but eventually i sat beside him.

"my m-mom expects m-me to get in-to that university." he explains, his voice getting shaky.

"hao, you're one of the best students in this school i know. you're literally every teachers favourite. if you don't make to that university, there is something wrong with this school. you should know that you've tried your best and if your mom doesn't accept you because of that, i don't know what else to say."

_____________________________________________