Chapter 8: Finding Shaw

"I get you an invite to the most exclusive party in Abu Dhabi," ranted Safar as we entered his garage

"Safar," Ramsey tried butting in.

"No, no, no," said Safar, clearly frustrated.

"You steal the host's car and you jump it between two buildings."

"Actually it was three building," corrected Brian making me scoff.

"Oh?! Two, insult. Three, honor. My bad," Safar said sarcastically.

"Well, well, well," we heard a familiar voice.

Mr Nobody walked in the garage. My eyes widened a little as I saw my best friend, Ethan, with him. What the hell is he here for? There was a reason why I didn't want him here.

"Thought our kryptonite needed a little additional support," said Mr Nobody as he gestured over to Ethan.

Nevertheless, I couldn't help but smile as I approached Ethan and fell in his small embrace.

"I have to say, you've got an interesting interpretation there of 'low-key', Mr Toretto," started Mr Nobody.

"You know, Dom, I thought we had an understanding," he pointed out.

Ethan quietly pulled me to the side, away from everybody else.

"I've missed you," he said softly as he stroked my cheeks.

I just smiled lightly as I didn't really know what to say to him. I knew he was going to be furious if he found out what's been going on with Deckard and I.

"Look, they have the God's Eye. They can find Shaw with ease now, you don't have to keep doing what you've been doing," said Ethan.

"Nothing about dealing with Shaw is done with ease, we both know that. I'm not letting my family step in fight with a guy who's capable of many things," I told him sternly.

"Sammy, you're getting way too involved with Shaw again," he sighed as he massaged his temples.

"For the right reasons," I defended myself.

"Really? Because I know you've met up with Shaw days before Han's funeral," he said sternly.

I furrowed my brows.

"And you're supposed to be in California, giving me space and not spying on me," I pointed out.

"I know you. They're using you as some sort of kryptonite against that monster, but what they don't know is that it goes both ways. Shaw is your kryptonite just as much as you are his."

"I don't owe you an explanation," I sighed heavily.

"Not to me. But you do for your family. Explain to them how you went behind their backs to kiss the man who killed your friend," he hissed quietly.