Chapter 3: Han's Funeral

Today is the day of Han's funeral

Today is the day of Han's funeral. I found myself not being able to get Deckard out of my head ever since we met a couple days ago. Which made me feel guilty even more. I kissed the man who's the reason why one of my family member is going 6 feet underground.

"Sammy," grinned Dom as Brian and I arrived early for the funeral.

I ran over to the man, who I considered to be my second brother, and hugged him.

"Glad to have you back," he said as we pulled away.

"I'm glad to be back," I smiled lightly

"If it isn't the baddest chick I know," I heard a familiar voice.

I turned around and found Roman and Tej. My smile only grew as I hugged both off them.

"Miss both of your goofy asses," I chuckled.

I looked around, noticing that there was only one person missing from our crew.

"Where's Letty?" I asked Dom, noticing the unusual absence of the female alpha.

"She's finding herself," Dom simply said.

I nodded my head in understanding. I couldn't imagine how hard it must've been for Letty to bounce back after everything that's happened to her.

Once the funeral started, I stood at the back beside Brian, Roman, and Tej. Dom stayed at the front, where Han's casket was. I looked around cautiously knowing that Deckard's gate crash probability is high. It's just the type of diva he was.

"They say to live in the hearts of those we leave behind is not to die. But he put you in this grave. So now I'll do the same," I heard Dom say.

I gulped silently. I knew Dom would stop at nothing to kill Deckard and same goes for Deckard on killing Dom.

"I can't do no more funerals," said Roman.

"First Han. Now Hobbs is laid up, of all people. We're being hunted," added Tej.

"You know he's out there somewhere watching, right?"

"I hope so, means he's close," said Brian.

I continued to observe around. I clenched my jaws as I found an unusual black car nearby.

"Just promise me, Brian, no more funerals."

"Just one more. His."

I didn't waste any more time as I ran to my motorcycle which was fortunate enough to be near us. I ignored the calls for my name as I sped as fast as I could toward Deckard's car. I swerved past other cars as I trailed behind Deckard's car in the roads. I could hear Dom's car roaring nearby. I made a sharp turn as Deckard made a small drift to the right. I furrowed my brows as he lead us to an underground road.

I stopped a few distance away from Deckard, who's car was now facing us. He gave me a small wink to which I rolled my eyes at him. Dom's car stopped beside me. Dom glanced over to me and gave me a small nod. I was hesitant but knew I had no other choice as I went aside.

I watched in horror as the two cars roared at each other back and forth, their wheels screeching. Both of them not daring to back down. Next thing I knew, they were accelerating with great speed towards each other. The two cars collided into one another. I dropped my bike and ran over to Dom's car. I helped him get out of his car.

I looked at Deckard who was already out of his car, not looking as badly beaten as was Dom.

"You never should have messed with a man's family," said Deckard.

Dom gripped onto my arm as he kept me close to him.

"I told your brother the same thing," said Dom.

"Reinforced your chassis, it's like going into a ring with weighted gloves," I ridiculed as I glanced over to Deckard's car which wasn't as badly damaged as Dom's

"His mistake."

"We're not here to play games," Dom said vigorously.

"See, you and me, we're from different worlds. Trust me, I've seen a lot meaner streets than the ones you're used to. Sammy here should know all about it since she's part of that world too," Deckard smirked.

I clenched my jaw. Fuck you Deckard. I could feel Dom's eyes on me but I avoided it and kept my eyes at Deckard. I've kept this part of my life a secret from my life for literally almost a decade.

"Stick around, it's gonna get a lot meaner," said Dom, picking up some metal part from his broken car.

"You thought this was gonna be a street fight?"

Deckard took out a gun and pointed it directly at Dom. I stepped in front of Dom, shielding his body. Deckard scowled as he lowered down his gun a little.

All of the sudden, there were bullets getting fired towards Deckard. I looked over and found some sort of SWAT team. Deckard took the chance and ran away from the scene.

Huge cars cornered Dom and I. As the armed men people tried approaching us, Dom and I fought back. I took down 5 guys with ease in a matter of 3 seconds. Dom and I each held one of them on a neck lock. By this yime, all guns were directed at us.

"Whoa, whoa, easy guys. We're on the same team here?" said an older man in a suit.

"Mr Toretto, Ms O'Connor, I'm here on the recommendation on a mutual friend of ours. Mr Hobbs," he said calmly.

"Who the hell are you?" I asked.

"I'm Mr Nobody," he said.

I raised a brow, not really sure if he meant that as a joke or not.

"It's a big entrance for a nobody and the guy that put our mutual friend in the hospital? You just let him get away," said Dom.

"Listen, you think you two could let go of my guys there? They're beginning to turn a little blue," Asked Mr Nobody.

Dom and I both let his guys go, both gasping for air.

"I appreciate that. Ah, here they come."

We heard the police sirens.

"Listen, Dom, Samantha. There's a war going on between shadow and ghosts like me. You and your team unwittingly walking into the middle of it in London, and it appears now it's followed you home," he informed us.

"It's up to you two. I'm going to have a beer," added Mr Nobody as he began to walk away from us.

"You two are welcome to join me. By the way, I can get you Deckard Shaw," he called out. 

I looked over to Dom who looked suspiciously at me.

"You have some explaining to make," he said sternly.

Busted.