Chapter 2: Old Flames

I frowned as I tracked down the call location of Deckard. 20 miles away. This man really has the nerve to be contacting me after what he's done.

"Bri, I just have to go to a little errand," I called out before leaving their safe house.

"Stay safe," Brian called back.

I put on my helmet as I hopped on my motorcycle. It took me less than half an hour as I reached the coordinates I traced. I frowned as I found myself in front of a cabin in the middle of nowhere. I parked my motorcycle and took off my helmet.

"You're messing with the wrong people, Deckard," I called out, knowing he's somewhere around.

"No Sammy, it's the other way around."

I jumped a little as I saw Deckard emerge from behind a tree. He made his way to me. He still looked the same the last time I saw him which was 2 years ago.

"I thought we decided to stay out of each others lives or at least you decided that when you left me," I spoke up.

"I see you replaced me with your boy toy," pointed out Deckard.

"Enough games, Deckard!" I snapped, not having an ounce of patience left.

"You knew you stepped out of line starting from putting my brother in the hospital," he said sternly.

"And who started it? Not us. Your brother only got what was coming for him," I said matching his aggressive tone.

"You knew he was my brother!" Deckard raised his voice, a hint of hurt in his voice.

"I called you but you ignored me. I tried telling you what your brother has done. This is not on me or my family, we were only doing what was right! This is on you, you weren't there to try to even stop your brother from creating a mess he wasn't capable of cleaning!" I exclaimed frustratedly at him as I jabbed a finger on his hard chest.

Deckard stood still, speechless. There was pure silence between us as we stared into each other's eyes. It was the same eyes I fell in love with. God knows how much I missed him, but I couldn't tell him. Not after what he did to my family. He wasn't the same man that I once upon a time fell in love with.

"I was busy," he simply said.

"With what? Staying away from me?" I asked, rolling my eyes.

"Now why would I need to stay away from you, Sammy?" asked Deckard, tilting his head a little bit.

"Shouldn't I be asking you that? Because that's all you've been doing for the past 2 years."

"I don't owe you an explanation," he scoffed.

"You just can't admit that for once someone had hurt the invincible Deckard Shaw," I pointed out.

"Bullocks, don't flatter yourself Sammy," scoffed Deckard.

I simply rolled my eyes as I knew deep down I was right.

"What's your plan now? Kill us one by one?" I asked feeling my blood boil, as I changed the topic.

"Eventually, yeah," he admitted with a slight shrug.

"You know that I'm not going to let you do that," I told him through gritted teeth.

"Yeah? What you gon do about it, princess?" he taunted.

"I don't think you'd want to know, knob head," I mocked him in a British accent.

"Don't think just because you and I were once something, doesn't mean I'm going to hesitate to kill you," warned Deckard.

I simply nodded as I pulled out my pistol from my holster. I placed it in Deckard's hands and pointed it right at my head. I took it off safety as I kept my hands on Deckard's hand, waiting for him to pull the trigger.

"You're going to eventually kill me, so why not do it now? Kill me," I said vigorously.

Deckard simply chuckled.

"I should ask you the same, Sammy. I'm the man who's threatening your family. Why don't you kill me to save them the trouble?" He asked with a sly smirk.

I sighed as I let go of his hand and stepped away.

"I know you, Deckard. Underneath all that cold badass act, you have a heart. One day, that heart will take over your hot head and show everybody the Deckard Shaw I fell in love with," I said softly.

I stepped closer to Deckard. I knew how much family meant to him and he's only doing all this for his brother. But I also know that he knows his right and wrong.

"It's not too late, just give up before everything gets worse," I pleaded him.

Deckard didn't say anything. He simply pulled me in by the waist and kissed me. I found myself closing my eyes and kissing back in an instant. I missed the unbelievable fireworks and butterflies I felt whenever our lips touched.

After what seemed like forever, Deckard pulled away from our kiss. I opened my eyes and I stared into his dark brown eyes.

Memories of us being together flooded back in my head, making this even harder than ever.

"Too bad you walked away from me, you could've been my ride or die," I said as I backed away from him.

"Darling, you were my ride or die," he told me, causing my heart to skip a beat.