Chapter 6: Detention Boss

Karter P.O.V

Walking the direction that Micah had told me I finally found the front office.

When I entered the office there was a woman sitting at the front desk. She was so into her work I don't even think she saw me come in.

"UM.. Excuse me?"

The woman looked up from her computer at me and then gave me an apologetic smile.

"Im sorry didn't hear you come in. How can I help you?"

"Hi, My name is Karter Mosley and Im the new English teacher. I would like to speak with Miss. um? Grant?"

"Oh yes. She's expecting you. Right this way"

The lady began to walk towards a door that was in the office. She knocked and at first there wasn't a answer then I heard a faint 'come in'

The front office lady opened the door for me and motioned for me to walk in.

When walked into the office I saw a woman sitting behind the desk. She had a light brown complexion and short black and blonde hair. She wore glasses that were now about to fall off her face since her head was down looking at her computer as she typed.

I looked around the small office in awe. It was a cute little office. It was decorated with ppictures of her family inside. There was a leather couch that sat right next to her desk but against the wall. There were also two chairs that sat in front of her desk.

The lady from the front desk told me to have a seat in the chairs and then she walked out.

I sat there just looking around until Miss. Grant was done with that it was she was doing, When she was done she looked up at me.

"Hell Miss. Mosley." Miss Grant said with a smile. I smiled back her before speaking.

"Hello Miss Grant." I puuled my breif case from the ground beside me and I began to pull out all my papers and refrences.

"I uh. I have references and things to show you so that you can see I am qualified"

She held up her hand. "I heard good things about you from Jon and Sarah. I trust them so Im going to let you have the job. I need you to work today though."

I smiled eagerly. I sure as heck will work today. "Sure, yes, Im ready to work. What do you need me to do?"

"Well Miss. Jones who is over Saturday Detention is absent today. So I need you to over see the detention crowds on Saturdays."

"Okay I can do that. Is that all you want me to do?" I asked her just to clarify. I had no problem doing that but I thought I could do more.

"Uh no. You will be also taking over the English department and teaching Miss. Jones' classes."

"Okay. Thank you."

"No Problem. Now here is the attendance sheet for the detention." She handed me the paper and then dismissed me.

"Call in miss Martin." She asked me before I left. I assumed Miss.Martin was the front office lady. I told her that Miss. Grant wanted her and she went to her. She came out a minute later.

"She told me to show you were the classrooms where."

Miss. Martin began to walk out the office and down the hall. She showed me where the rest rooms where, the teachers lounge, cafeteria and then she showed me my office and my classroom.

I already loved this place I had a office here. I didn't have one at my school back at home.

Miss. Martin led to the class where detention was held. Once we got there she gave me a smile before wishing me good luck and walking off.