Chapter 8; First Day / Alone

Karter P.O.V

The weekend passed uneventfully and soon it was Monday morning. I could have really slept a little longer but because Micah was my ride to school I had to wake up at the ass crack of dawn. I watched as Micah got ready while I sat at the edge of the bed trying to come to terms with who I was and what the hell today was.

I finally mustered up enough energy to get up out of bed and walk to the on suite Micah had in her room. It still surprised me just how big their house was. This wasn't even all of it either. The lower half was being renovated as they were adding extra rooms.

I turn on the shower so that it could get hot while I brushed my teeth and out up my hair. Once I was done I stepped into the shower and started to wash off. I didn't want to take too long because I wasn't on my time but someone else's.

When I got out the shower Micah was nowhere to be found. Taking this time I dropped my towel and Searched through my dressers to find something to wear. I decided on Some Capri pants and a white blouse. Nothing over the top just keeping it simple for the first day of school. I put my strawberry blonde hair up in a high ponytail and called it a look.

Finishing getting ready I walked down the stairs and headed to the kitchen where I saw Micah fixing a plate for Alexander and then one for herself... Or well I thought it was for her. When she noticed me she handed me the plate and told me to sit in eat.

I was momentarily in shock that she had cooked, and especially enough for me. Thankfully I sat down at the table and began to eat. Micah made her a plate as well and sat down. We all ate in a comfortable silence. Once everyone was done Micah put the plates in the sink and we all headed out.

Micah first dropped Xander off at his Elementary school. It was about 20 mins from our school.

Skipping through we had finally made it to the school. Saying our goodbyes I walked through the teacher doors while Micah went through the front.

I walked through and got to my room and began to set up for the day.

Micah P.O.V

I walked through the entrance of the building and instantly my mood went from okay to bad. It was like this place drained any type of life and happiness from you.

I passed by the front office and saw Lyric coming out. I've always had a little thing for Lyric. She was very cute with her Mocha brown skin and light brown orbs. She wore her hair down and it fell wavy down her back. Over the break she must've dyed her hair because her tips were a light brownish color.

"Hey Micah!" Lyric said as she walked in sync with me

"Hey Lyr. How you been?"

"As well as to be expected"

We talked a little more as we headed to our class. The morning bell was just about to ring. During our conversation she informed me that she was having a birthday party over the upcoming weekend. I was down for going and I'm glad she told me today because that gave me so much to look forward to through the week.

When we arrived to the class we walked in and saw Karter sitting at her desk typing away at her laptop.

Lyric scoffed beside me. "Ugh... I can't stand that bitch" She whispered.

Apart of me got a little angry at the name she just called her. I don't know why but I had the sudden urge to take up for her.

"Say don't call her that. You might not like her but she is not a bitch"