Chapter 1: Reinvention

Picture of Karter new hair

Brooklyn P.O.V

I was awaken out of my slumber by someone pounding on the door. groggily I got out of bed and went to open the door. When I opened it I saw that It was Matthew.

"Gez man wanna alert the whole place? " I retorted while rubbing my face.

"My bad mate. It's time to get this day started." He said grabbing the chair from the desk. "I have some exciting news. "

I looked up expecting him to continue

"What's the exciting news Matt?"

"Well we found a home that is willing to take you in." At that I perked up

"Omg really so soon?" He nodded

"Well tell me about them ? Where are they located?"

"Okay its a family of four. Mom dad, daughter and son. Names are Sarah, Johnathan, Micah and Alexander. They live in California, heard your story and agreed to be of assistance to you"

I smiled. "All the way in Cali though? "

"Yeah. They were the only ones who responded. Anyways get dressed we have a big day ahead of us before you fly out" with that he got up and starred walking out.

"be ready in an hour" he Called out over his shoulder"

He let him self out the door and I got up to take a shower. After my shower I put on a simple white crew neck T shirt , some bleached blue skinny jeans and some all white converse. My hair was placed messily into a bun.

Brushing my teeth and finishing up my makeup. I was all set. Grabbing my room key and my phone I walked out of my hotel room and headed downstairs to the lobby where Matt would be waiting.

*

* * *

*

Me and Matt have been all over the place getting me new wardrobe and things. We were currently outside of this beauty parlor. He said reinventing me would require some changes. First Change is my hair. I'm not really sure what we are going to be doing to it but I'm kind of excited for the new look.

Walking into the parlor was nice. It was like something you see on a TV show. Rows of dryer chairs were placed from the entrance to the back. There was a big fish tank that separated the dryers from the wash bowls. And on the far side from the wash bowls was the place where the workers worked.

Matty walked up the the hostess standing at the front. He said that he already had this appointment booked but it didnt matter because he knew the owner.

The lady cleared us to go through and we walked until we got til the workers.

Matty began introducing me to the workers.

"Brooke this is leo. He is an excellent barber and stylist. I always let him edge me up. Ive know him since this place was built." Matty said pointing to the guy standing next to him.

The guy had his head shaved into a fohawk swoop. He had dazzling blue eyes and flawless white milky skin . You could tell that he was gay just by looking at him. I usually dont make assumptions but I was so sure of this one.

"Hello. Nice go meet you " he said extending his hand out to shake. I shook it.

"Likewise"

He moved over to the next chair which had a woman stabbing behind it. She had a bob shaped hair cut with blue tips. She was a little on the heavy side but she was beautiful nonetheless with her rich ebony skin..