The Boyfriend Borrower.

Hey, fans! Here's another story. I started it like a year ago and never got past the Prologue. I've been working on it as a side project and now have a few chapters done. I figured that since it's a new year and I have one and a half of my storys done, I can add this one.

The Boyfriend Borrower.

Prologue.

    Slut. It’s amazing how that four letter word doesn’t even phase me anymore. I’ve heard it so many times that I’ve gotten over the sting. It’s funny how girls that enjoy male company are sluts, but guys that enjoy female company are players. I could kiss three guys and be a slut, but a guy can sleep with six and be a legend. I’d say that in this case, math doesn’t calculate correctly. At all.

   It’s funny how this all started, really. Freshman year; I was the girl that everybody felt bad for, but that all changed when I learned how to play the game.
    On my first day of Freshman year of high school, I met Joshua Preston and he was a Senior. Like any normal teenage girl, I fell for the first guy to bat his eyes at me. But, I guess it was my own fault for going for a guy that was practically an adult. I could’ve said, ‘no, go date a girl your own age’ and that would’ve saved everything from turning to shit. My heart. My parents’ marriage. My friends. My brother. You name it.
    When I started dating Josh, my parents were okay with him, but that’s because I told them that he was a Sophomore and not a Senior. I knew from the get-go, that they would hate me being with a guy that’s three years older than me. My twin brother, Brian, felt the need to rat me out to my parents, which caused even more problems. My parents told me to stop seeing Josh because he’s a ‘teenage boy and would expect things that you shouldn’t even being thinking about for at least another twenty years,' is the way my dad put it. They made me promise that I’d break up with him. So what did I do.
    I lied, telling them I would.
    Instead of listening, I rebelled; snuck out of the house, went to parties, and did things with Josh that gave metal bars a reason to have people locked behind them for years at a time. A part of me always knew that Josh was using me for…sexual favors, but as long as I got the title of Joshua Prestons’ Girlfriend, I was pretty happy. I told Josh that I loved him. So what did he do?
    He lied, telling me he loved me too.
    My parents eventually caught on to the lying, sneaking out, and other unmentionables. But did I care? No, the only thing that mattered to me was the attention that Josh gave me. If I didn’t do it with him, then he would’ve found somebody else that would, and I didn’t want that. I wanted to be the only girl in his life. Too bad for me, that he was a better liar.
    The week of Christmas vacation is where it went wrong. My family, went on our annual ski trip to Colorado. We always spent Christmas there because that’s where my dad spent Christmas when he was younger. Anyways, we weren’t planning on going that year because of everything that had happened in the past few months, relating to the ever so scandalous Joshua Preston. My parents thought that a week away from him would clear my head. Family time was desperately needed. I never noticed it then, but my parents were fighting more often because of me.
    We got back from Colorado the weekend before school started back up and I went to a New Year’s party. Gina Ferguson’s party. That’s where I found out about all of the things, or girls Josh did while I was gone in a one week time period. When he got caught, he admitted that there were other girls even before that. Lots of other girls. If he wouldn’t have bragged about it to his friends, we’d probably still be together. Unhappily happy.
    For the first time in my life, I was heart-broken. By the one guy I gave all my First’s too; first date, first kiss, first boyfriend, first time. Everything that actually meant something to me deep down. I gave it all to him.
    I’ll admit though, it was shocking. Josh kept a good cover and for that; I gave him a little credit.
    After Josh, I promised myself that I would never fall for a guys childish act ever again. That promise lasted the rest of my Freshman year and through summer. I walked into my Sophomore year, ready to keep my guy-free streak going.
    Then, along came Hunter Gavin. He was actually my age, so that’s why I thought being with a guy would be easier the second time around. We flirted and made out. A lot. All innocent stuff, of course because I was in no hurry to rush things. I didn’t want to be his girlfriend right away. I knew the feeling of being dragged down by a guy and I didn’t want that problem again. After all of the mistakes I made before, I didn’t want to make the same ones over again.
    After five months of this, including a Christmas break apart; Hunter told me that he didn’t see me as ‘girlfriend material.' I gave him points for being honest, but deducted points for being honest five months too late. Then he proceeded to tell me that he was already with a girl that went to school on the other side of town, but he didn’t want us to stop hooking up. At first, I was irritated, angry, and stopped all physical and verbal contact between Hunter and I for weeks.
    I knew the feeling of being cheated on and I hated it. How could I seriously put another girl in that situation? I was putting another girl through the same bullshit that Josh had put me through.
    Then it hit me.
    I’m not the one being cheated on. I didn’t care. Being the girl that the guy cheated with was the best I could get. My heart wasn’t being broken. I found the greatest guarantee that my heart would never get broken because a guy would cheat on me, since I’m the one he would be cheating with. It was brilliant. A monster was created.
    That’s how I became known as ‘Brittany, the other girl’. The girl that never has a boyfriend because she’s too busy borrowing yours.

*****

So?

I hope you liked it(:

Tell me what you think. If this gets good reviews, I'll keep uploading.

<3JustKaylay.