Chapter 28

Selenas POV

I wrapped the last sandwich I made for my mother in a plastic bag and put it in the fridge. I had bought enough food yesterday that should get her through the month. Hopefully if she doesnt have any of her deadbeat friends over.

I bought a couple bags of chips, and made pre made meals that she jut had to put in the microwave. I also paid the bills and sign the papers she wanted me to sign. 

I texted Anthony saying that I might be able to come home early. That was a hour ago and I didnt get a response. He was probably just busy. 

I opened the fridge and put all the sandwiches I made in there and filled the fridge with bottles of water and some pop cans.

I shut the door and turned around. Im officially done here. I walked into the front room and saw my mom laying down on the couch watching 'Two and A Half Men'.

I sighed and went upstairs to my room but my mom stopped me calling out my name.

"Yeah?" I said turning back around and leaning over the railing so I could see her better.

"Thank you." That is about the nicest thing my mom has ever said to me. I smiled a little bit and responded.

"Youre welcome." I turned back around and went back to my room. I checked my phone and there were still no texts from Anthony.

I sighed and lied down on my bed. I can go back to Anthonys actually. I would just have to order a uber. I agreed on that but I stayed in bed a little longer. 

It was actually comforting to stay here. Should I stay here? I dont know.

People were posting things about the party that was happening now. I wanted to go but I had nothing to wear.

I did bring extra clothes but nothing to go to a party in. It was getting late. It was around 9 pm. I should order the uber now because if I have to order it around 11 I will be creeped out and scared.

It said the car will arrive in about 10 minutes. I got up off my bed and grabbed my bag. I put a few of my personal belongings in it and went downstairs.

My mom was sleeping on the couch so I covered her with a blanket and died out her cigarette that was about to fall on the ground. I kissed her forehead and heard a honk outside. I quietly went over to the door and opened it, closing it behind me. 

I could see that the uber driver was a girl so that lessened my worries. I opened the back seat door and smiled at the lady. She smiled back and asked if  wanted her to play some music. I said it didnt matter, so she left the music off. 

Im kinda wishing she turned it on. I leaned my head against the window. I was pretty excited to see Anthony. I missed him so much. 

I yawned and closed my eyes but opened them again when the lady started talking to me.

"Who you headed to?" She asked.

"My boyfriend." I didnt want to refer to Anthony as a friend. I mean we do kinda have a relationship together even if we arent really together. 

She nodded before speaking again.

"Be careful with those boys, they dont care whose hearts they break." 

"Hes not like that, he wouldnt purposely heart me." Im not sure if I even believed that. He has done it before. But he was also showing me that he wouldnt hurt me again. I trust him. I hope I do.

"This boy of yours, do you love him?" I had to think about that. I dont love him I hardly know him. But the way he makes me feel when im around. Its like he has a soft spot for me.