23. Thisrty

{ Thirsty }

I stepped up to the closed door before me. The faint voices of the Giovanni men -and Carlos- could be heard, though it was a little unclear as to what was being said. The closed door made them sound muffled. I slowly raised my now fisted hand and gave a gentle knock. Hearing a 'come in' I opened the door and stepped inside. All four men turned my way and open realising it was me, gave smile. Though Lukas was more like a grin with an excited wave.

"Sorry to interupt, but dinner is almost ready. Also the Jacobs are here," I said, directing the last part to Mr.Giovanni.

"Thank you dear, we'll be right out." Mr.Giovanni replied. Nodding my head, I gave Alex one last smile before turning around and returning to Mrs.Giovanni.

Reaching the living room, I noticed both Mr. and Mrs. Jacobs talking to Mrs.Giovanni as re poured them both drinks. Off to the side stood Sarah. I had to do a double take not being sure if I saw correctly. But once I did, I saw that she was wearing a black-skintight dress that reached mid-thigh. It had a few sparkles here and there. She also wore some black-platform heels. Looking down at what I was wearing, I couldn't help but wonder why she would wear something like that. I mean it was a nice outfit but I just didn't think it was a great choice for a Christmas Eve dinner; more like a club.

"Ah! Marie, it's so nice to see you again." Mr.Jacobs voice reached my ears, breaking me away from my thoughts about his daughter's choice of clothing. "How have you been?"

"I've been pretty good Mr. Jacobs. Just getting tired more." I replied, no feeling really comfortable talking to him.

"And fatter," I heard Sarah's annoying voice say quietly only to where I could hear since I was closer to her. This bitch was honestly asking for, wasn't she? What the hell did I even do to her? I was just about to reply to her comment when Alexandro and the rest of the men came into the living room.

"Joseph! How are you, my friend?" Mr.Giovanni greeted as he hugged Mr.Jacobs into a welcoming hug.

"I'm great! Thanks for having us over."

"It's no problem at all. I hear from Alexandro that you wanted to talk about something." Mr.Giovanni said, stepping back from his friend.

"Yes, I did. It has something to do with my company. I would really appreciate it if I can talk to both you and Alex in private about it." I felt Alexandro step up next to me and wrap an arm around my waist pulling me closer to him.

"You no, I no longer do big decisions regarding the Giovanni Family business. But since you are a great friend, I will just this once." Mr.Giovanni turned away from Mr.Jacobs and looked at Alex, "You think we have enough time to have a small talk, son?" Alexandro nodded at his father. Bending down to give my head a kiss, Alex whispered that he would be back before following the older gentlemen back into his father's study to talk in private.

"Well, now that they are gone I'm going to go finish on the food." Mrs.Giovanni announced as she began to move towards the kitchen followed by Mrs.Jacobs. I moved to follow, but was immediately stopped by Mrs.Giovanni, "Oh no, honey! You stay here and relax. You've been helping me all day. Just relax, Helen will help me." Before I could protest, they had disappeared into the kitchen.