26. Kisses & Homicides

⚬⚬Giovanni Industries

-Prior to last chapter's events- (3rd POV) ⚬⚬

It was around 6:30 in the evening when Alexandro was finally finished with work. The meeting earlier that day had taken close to two hours and caused him to miss Marie's appointment. He had gone to every appointment she has had since they found out the gender of the baby, but for the last month they went less and she would always refuse to bring up the size of her stomach while they were there. So, Alexandro was happy when he found out she had one today for that, but felt bad about missing it. He thought that he would make it up to her by going home early and taking her out to dinner. He had been working non-stop ever since the meeting was done, to try and finish whatever he had to do that day.

As Alex stood up from his chair and quickly closed his briefcase, his secretary's voice came over the intercom making him stop. "Mr.Giovanni? Ms. Jacobs is here to see you. She said it was important."

Letting out a frustrated sigh, he pushed the button on the phone and replied, "Please send her in."

Taking his seat once again, he waited for Sarah to step into his office. The sound of her heels echoed as she made her way to one of the two chairs in front of Alexandro's desk. Giving a big smile at Alex she spoke, "Hey, Alex. I came over because my dad asked me to bring some papers for you to look over."

Taking the papers from her hands, Alexandro looked over them and once again sighed. "When does he need them back?" They were going to take a long time to go over and make sure that what was on them was justable and had to make sure his company could agree with them. "He needs them by tonight, if that's okay?" Sarah replied.

"This is going to take me at least another hour or two to read, make copies, get it approved with my brother, get it signed by my brother, and then signing it myself. This is at least thirty pages long. I need to read through this thoroughly to make sure it is compatible." He said annoyed.

" Can't I not give back to him by tomorrow afternoon?"

"Sorry, Alex. He said he needed them by tonight." Sarah knew that if he agreed to do this, he would not go home anytime soon and the plan would go into motion. It was now 6:35 and Carlos was meant to be at Alexandro's place at around 7 by the latest when it was dark. Seeing Alex finally cave in and nod his head, she smirked.

"Let me just make a call." Reaching for his cell phone, Alex dialed Johns number. After waiting a ring or two John finally answered. "Hello, John. I'm going to need for you to go over and keep an eye on Marie and release Paul from his post. It might be a little longer before I get home."

"No problem, Sir. I'm on my way." After hanging up, Alexandro began to go over the packet of papers.

Sarah pulled out her phone and began to text Carlos:

Sarah: There's going to be a change of guards soon. Wait a while before taking action. Make sure to let me know when it's done.

Carlos: Got it.

Putting her phone away, Sarah sat back and stared at Alex. The plan her father had been planning was finally going into motion. Soon, Marie will be gone and Alex would be all hers.

○○○○○○○○

Thirty-five minutes later, Alexandro had finally made copies of the papers, read through them, and was just waiting for his brother to come into his office to get them signed. Sarah still sat in front of his desk, constantly checking her phone. Alexandro could tell she was both mad and anxious about something, but didn't care much to ask her what was wrong. So he just sat back and waited for his brother.