4. The Talk pt.1

{ The Talk pt.1 }

I woke up at 6:30 in the morning the following day and placed my duffel bag, that contained enough clothes for the weekend, inside of my car’s trunk. After telling Sammy about what I planned on doing, I immediately began to pack up some clothes and get directions to Giovanni Industries. It would be about couple hours drive from here if traffic wasn’t so bad.

“Are you sure you don’t want me to come along?” Sammy asked for what seemed like the hundredth time. Now don’t get me wrong, I really appreciate her being there for me, but I felt like this was something I had to do alone.

“I’m sure, Sammy. This is something I need to do alone and plus, I don’t want you to cancel your weekend with Matt.” Matt was Sammy’s boyfriend. He lived in California so he couldn’t visit often and this weekend he was flying over here to spend time with her. She had said that she could cancel and he would understand, but no way in hell was I letting my situation come between her relationship.

I closed the trunk and looked at Sammy. I pulled her into a hug and whispering a ‘goodbye’ as well as promising her that I will be safe. After her threat of  choking me to death if I didn’t call her, I got into my car and began the drive to officially meet the father of my baby.

I guess people around here start their weekends really early for the traffic was bad. I thought that leaving early in the morning might save me from traffic, but how wrong was I. Though it did help with clearing and figuring out how I was going to tell Alexandro that he was going to be a father in seven months. Gosh, seven months to go… soon I will have a little mini me running around. Come April, I will have my baby in my arms. That thought brought a smile to my face and it seemed to just melt all the worry away. But the real question is; will Alexandro want to be part of his child’s life?

After a lot of honking and hours of traffic, I finally made it into the city. I decided it would be best if I find a hotel to stay and settle in first. Doing just that, I checked in to a pretty affordable room and changed into something much more presentable. By presentable I mean a pair of jeans with a nice fitting shirt and a cardigan over. Once ready, I made my way out of the hotel and into the streets. I called a cab to take me to Giovanni Industries because there was no way in hell that I was driving in New York traffic.

“Where can I take you, ma’am?” The taxi driver asked with a New York accent. I smiled at that. For some reason, I really liked that accent. “To this address, please,” I show him the piece of paper I had written the address in. He nods his head and drives.

I look out the window at all the passing buildings and people. I had been to New York a couple of times when I was younger and my grandparents would bring me. However, it had been years since then until now.

“Here we are, that will be the amount…” He points to the red numbers in the little machine that tells you how much you owe. I pull out the right amount and hand it over to him before stepping out.  I gasp out at how tall the building before me is. It was perhaps the tallest building in the block. The first floor of it was made of windows and concrete, while the rest looked to be only glass windows. It was honestly really extravagant looking, but I doubt the Giovanni’s worried much about that.