Chapter Twelve

Can was left standing there,  his mind reeling as to what had just happened.  She was right there, he touched her, felt her skin, smelled her, then she was gone.  He was living a bad dream, so frustrated and confused, he turned and went back inside. Maya, clearly concerned and worried about Sanem, cornered Can as he entered the club. " Hey, what 's going on, what did you do to my friend. " She yelled. " Where is she? "  Can, still in a state of shock, was trying to understand what she was asking.  Feeling annoyed he waved his arms and said, " I don't do anything to her, I just wanted to talk to her."  Maya shouted,  " Where is she, and, WHO are you, some weird stalker guy."  You know Sanem has a lot of friends in this place, if you have done anything to her, you'll have hell to pay."  Maya quickly turned and went out the door to look for Sanem.

Aicha was standing with her arms folded,  obviously upset at what had just transpired.  Can approached her telling her he was sorry,  " Aicha, I beg your pardon, but I think it best for me to leave right now. I'm truly sorry, but you and this whole evening has totally complicated my life.    May I get you a cab?" He asked.  Huffing she replied, " Why do you let that simple girl get under your skin like that?   She obviously is not your type of woman,  you really need to see that."   Can turned glaring into her eyes, " And you know my type of woman." He spewed. "  You are a very brazen woman, to say the least.  The very idea that you would know the slightest thing about my taste in woman is amazing to me. That simple girl, is more woman than you'll ever be!! "   He nodded and bowed, as he turned and walked  out the door.  Aicha stood there with tears welling up in her eyes.  She had never been so  humiliated,  she would make him pay....

Sanem took a hot shower, made her some tea and went out to the balcony.  What a night, she thought,  she had just seen Can Divit, the gorgeous, famous and the most infuriating man in the world.  Why had her life become so entangled with his, her heart had always been open and free. Constantly searching for her one and only love. She truly believed a person loved only once in their life.  But what happened?  She found her one and only love of a lifetime, but she wasn't his.  So what does that make her?  Lost, with only memories and no hope for true happiness.  Ok, take this night,  feel it , own it,  let it remain tucked away, in a tiny part of your heart forever. Then tomorrow,  stand up straight , look yourself in the mirror, and  become the person that is in control.  Be that person that is a famous writer, confident, strong and sure, and give up on that impossible love of your life.. She spent the rest of the night sitting there, letting it sink in.....

Maya tried her phone numerous time, but she didn't answer.  She feared something bad had happened to her when she left the club, what had that man said to her?  She thought.  She sent a text,   

" Sanem I'm worried, are you ok. I'll come to you if you need me. Please let me know.....Send....

 She heard the ping of her phone, half expecting it to be Can, but seeing it was Maya, she was relieved.  Oh my, she had completely forgotten about Maya,  she's probably worried sick.  She quickly returned the text. 

" I'm fine, at home. Thanks but I need to be alone tonight. We'll talk tomorrow."

  Maya was glad to hear from her and to know she was ok, still puzzled about that extremely handsome, gorgeous man that swooped in and ruined their celebration night.. she had to get to the bottom of it.....

Can drove home , but didn't go to his house, instead he made his way to the boat.  He hadn't gone there in a while, it made him feel uncomfortable for some reason.  In the book, he read about being gone on this boat for a year. Where had he gone and what had he experienced in that time. All these things were unknown to him.  Did it matter, was it prevalent to their relationship, or was that what caused the end of it.  Just sitting in the boat, he could feel a sorrow creep in,  a sadness , but he didn't know why....He got the feeling that this boat, it carried a very strong definition of what had been wrong in his life.  Maybe if he found the reason he had fled Istanbul, he would know the reason to stay.....

The morning found them both in their own surrounding,  they had both sought their solitude as always. The two of them coped separately, one longing to recover what had been and the other longing to forget the best of what had been.  He went home to shower, and eat.  He had a plan, and was determined for it to work.. He know so little, but what he did know was enough, he needed her in his life......

Sanem was lingering, slowly and without enthusiasm for the morning to start.  She managed to get dressed,  have tea, and check her phone.  No messages, well it seems that Mr. Divit  has lost that resounding urge to talk to her.  He seemed so desperate last night.  But that's Ok,  she a new woman now, that confident Sanem, with her dreams of traveling the world.....alone. She knew with the publishing of the new book, the offers of book signings and interviews would start to come in. She declined many of the offers before, but now, she had no reason to decline. She would welcome the attention and accept what her talents had brought her..

As she lingered in her thoughts of what was to come.....her phone pinged with a text..

" Sanem, I'm here at the Cafe, waiting. We need to talk........please

" OH, MY GOD.  He went to the cafe.....does he really think I'm going to meet him now.....she thought.

" Sorry but I'm not coming, we talked last night.........She replied with a text.

He looked at the text, thinking,   She is so stubborn, how am I going to make this work...

" Sanem, I will not leave her until you come to talk.... I swear, I won't leave.........Send

She sighed,  I might as well get it over with. I have to tell him once and for all..

" Ok, I'm coming but I'm not staying long, we don't have that much to talk about........Send

He smiled................