| thirty two

Xiomara;

Dave pulled up in a driveway behind several other sports cars. Looking up at the house, I see just another huge mansion which is obviously just the norm with these ballers. Von lives in Calabasas so we got here in about half an hour, just in time for the dinner he's throwing for his birthday as its already dark out.

I get out of Dave's car, not waiting for him to open my door like usual because first of all, I don't even wanna be here. "Ay." Dave calls out as I head towards the large double oak doors with my arms folded. "Fix yo' fucking face. You ain't going in there with that attitude." He told me.

"You think I wanna be here right now?" We spoke in hushed voices.

"Nah but them folks in there don't need to know that shit. You look good, baby. Don't ruin that wit' yo' ugly ass attitude."

I rolled my eyes. "What the fuck ever, David."

The thing is he was right, I do look the fuck good. My short hair is already touching my shoulders so I had my hair stylist slick it back in a ponytail before wrapping some bundles in. I was really stepping on necks with my outfit too. It was simple but I was making less look like more.

Dave rings the doorbell and then snakes his arm around my waist, pulling me in for a kiss as a way to apologize for snapping at me.

A butler opens the door and I immediately fix my face as told. "Evening, Mr. And Mrs. Brewster. May I interest you in some champagne?"

"You ain't gotta keep up wit' the formalities wit' me, nigga." Dave chuckled as we entered the beautiful home. I felt out of place even though I lived in one just like it. Dave took two glasses from the tray, one wine and one champagne, and hands me the wine.

"Thank god. A nigga was getting tired." The butler said. They must already be familiar with each other, since Dave be hanging with his team members at their cribs all the time.

I sip my wine and then pull the glass away from my lips, only to want more so I take another big gulp. I was gonna need all the drink I can get just to lighten up around these wives tonight.

"C'mon shorty." Dave takes my hand and leads me through the place until we reach the backyard where everybody is standing around drinking, talking, laughing loudly with the sound of music playing lowly to further enlighten the mood. For me at least.

"Ayy, what up family?" Von cheers, stumbling over to Dave and I. He's already tipsy which I guess he has every right to be since it's his night. Him and Dave pull each other into a bro-hug before Von embraces me.

I chuckle since he's so heavy the way he's putting his weight on me. "Happy birthday, Von."

"Appreciate it, sis. See now y'all need to get on my level. A nigga almost touching thirty and I'm still fly as shit." He laughs, pulling away.

"Nigga getcho' ass on. We both know who really got it. Zo tell this nigga." Dave says.

I twist my lips playfully pretending I really gotta think about it. "Sorry Von but you know I gotta side wit' my husband." I laugh, wrapping my arms around Dave.

"Aw nah now you know you only saying that cuz he next to you. When we alone you can tell me how you really feeling." Von and I laughed while Dave tensed.