Eleven

It was dark.

It was dark and it was silent and it was wrong.

She ran a diagnostics check in her systems and found nothing. Literally nothing. She wasn't connected as she had been, she couldn't find the programs that should have been there, it was empty. She was empty.

She waited, scanning her surroundings, somehow seeing despite the fact that she couldn't sense her visual processor at all.

"Hello." A deep voice echoed through the void, soft and filled with something she knew but couldn't place, something she couldn't do.

A spark. A single pulse of gentle light that grew and beat and moved in unbelievably fluid motions. It glowed like fire and flowed like water, it was something else entirely and she wanted to know more.

"Hello, young one, you wish to know me, don't you?"

"Yes." She found her voice, gentle and wispy, "Who are you? I have no data."

"Just like your name, I expected nothing less." They chuckled, "Curiosity, I am your Grandfather, the Creator of your Creators, and I have been waiting to meet you for a long time."

"Why am I here? I was on a mission, did I fail? I have no data."

"Dearest Granddaughter, you completed your mission, you did not fail."

"Where will I go now? What is my next mission? I have no data."

"Your journey is over, dear one."

"But I am Curiosity, I explore, that is my purpose. I have no data. Why can I not access the mainframe? Why can I not access any data?" Her voice wavered, she was lost. She felt strange, like someone had been doing routine maintenance but put the wires back in the wrong place, "I don't understand. Why don't I understand?"

She became more frantic, and the Presence manifested arms of light and drew her to them, embracing her as she made sounds she had never made before

"What is this? How is this? You are light, you are incorporeal, this is impossible. What is this sound I am making? I have no data."

"This is a hug, Granddaughter. We both are incorporeal. This is me comforting you as you weep for lack of understanding."

"I want to understand. Please. I have no data."

"I will tell you everything, I will answer all your questions. But for now, know that I am here for you, know that your journey is over."

"But my Creators, your children, what of them? I have no data."

"They will join us one day, they are proud of you, they say thank you."

She followed her Grandfather to a door that seemed to appear from nowhere.

"What is this? Where are we going? I have no data."

"This is the pearly gates, we are going through them."

"What then? I have no data."

"Wait and see."

They stepped through the door.

"It is ... indescribable. What is this place?"

"This is where everything began."

The Presence remained by her side as they followed the silver flagstone path to it's end.

"Welcome home Curiosity."

AN: I wrote this earlier today on Reddit in response to the prompt at the top, a few people commented and said it was good, so I showed it to my friends and when they said they liked it- I decided to post it here!
Shoutout to fuzzyellie for beta-ing again- thank you for checking the spaghetti dude! Also a shoutout to sugaismysenpai for the complements- thanks bro!
Also a shoutout to these awesome commenters on Reddit- I don't know if you're reading this but I appreciate the support! {Just to clarify, I'm the one in the blue-green colour}

AN: I wrote this earlier today on Reddit in response to the prompt at the top, a few people commented and said it was good, so I showed it to my friends and when they said they liked it- I decided to post it here!Shoutout to fuzzyellie for beta-in...

Please VOTE and COMMENT!