Chapter 9

Third POV

July was on her way to her temporary home. She walked through the dense woods unaware of the danger that was lurking in the bushes. Then she heard a rattling sound and sticks being broken as something jumped out from their hideout.

Timeskip a few hours later

- And you are sure that she isn't going to spend one more night there? Asked Cake with concern in her voice.

- She should be home by now I guess, Come on, let's pay Marshall a visit! They exited the door and Cake turned big as Fiona jumped on her back. It took a few minutes before they arrived. Fiona knocked on the door while tapping her foot praying that she'll find July. For some reason she felt like something was very wrong. A surprised Marshall showed up.

- Is July here? Cake asked getting straight to the point. His expression turned into an anxious one as he became even more bleak than he already was.

- Didn't she arrive at the treehouse? Fiona shook her head as she shivered. She couldn't help the horrible thoughts that were slowly creeping in to her head. Marhall put on his black converse and a sun hat then exited his home.

- Let's go see Bubba. He said as Fionna jumped on Cakes back without questioning anything. They were all silent as the concern grew. The banannaguards let them pass, Marshall slammed the door open as all three of them ran to Gumballs lab. Gumball was in his white lab coat and glasses, he immediately knew that something wasn't entirely right.

- Is July here? Marshall asked now absolutely terrified for the answer. Gumball was more alert when he heard July's name.

- She isn't, is she missing? She wouldn't just disappear like that she must be somewhere. He took off his coat and the glasses.

- I'll take the slime Kingdom. Said Cake.

- I'll take the lumpy space Kingdom. Said Fiona.

- I'll take the fire Kingdom. Said Marshall.

- Then I'll take the mountain Kingdom. Said Gumball.

- We shall meet at the treehouse in an hour. Said Gumball taking charge. Marshall ran his shaky hand through his hair trying to keep the thoughts in his head obedient because they were getting terrifying. They all searched in their respective Kingdoms but they all turned up empty handed. Marshall was shaking and fidgeting with his finger while looking at Fiona who was screaming "Think" to herself in front of the treehouse.

- Seriously, did nobody find her? Cake asked swinging her hand in the air then pinching the bridge of her nose tiny cat nose.

- The ice Kingdom! Marshall whispered/screamed. Without any second thoughts he flew towards the ice queens home. From the corner of his eye he could see that Cake carried both Fiona and Gumball. He flew in through an open window and saw the ice queen scolding her penguin for eating her muffin.

- Oh what a pleasant surprise! She said as she flicked her hair behind her shoulder and bit down her lip trying her best to look attractive. Marshall rolled his eyes.

- Have you seen July? She looked pissed.

- July who? She asked crossing her arms. Marshall let out a frustrated groan. He walked towards the window and saw that the others were almost here. From the corner of his eye he saw something moving on the ice mountain that was close to the one he was inside of right now. Marshall flew over and to his relief he found her.

Marshall's POV

- July! I screamed as I landed in front of her but she didn't respond. She looked hollow and it made me worried. Her eyes are no longer their beautiful shade of brown, they were an iridescent blue.

- July are you ok? I placed both of my hands on her shoulders shaking her but it was no use. She had absolutely no emotion on her face whatsoever.

- You found her! Gumball screamed as he jumped off Cake but soon enough his happiness turned into shock. I turned around and in that moment it felt like the whole world went silent, I didn't even notice that I was screaming, calling out her name. July was on her way to step over the edge of the ice cliff we were currently on. I was running towards her but it felt like I was running in slow motion. The next thing I knew was that she jumped off. I jumped after her we were falling and I could feel the cold winter aird slapp my cheeks. I wasn't sure if I was going to make it, I had to make it. July please don't die. I turned into my bat form and managed to reach her hand. I caught her just in time. I curled into a ball shielding her small body before we crashed. I felt the ice cutting my skin open as I saw blood surrounding me. Was it Julys? Then everything went black.