Chapter 8

Time skip morning

I woke up to an empty bed and a dark room. Right Marshall doesn't tolerate sun. I managed to make my way to the bathroom and did what I had to do then I headed downstairs where Marshall was cooking breakfast.

- Morning. I said while rubbing away the sleep from my eyes.

- Morning princess. Are you hungry, I know I am? I felt my face heat up at the sight of him. He was still shirtless, he was only wearing a pair of grey sweatpants. I automatically glued my eyes to the floor.

- Umm earth to July? Mind helping me taking out plates? I opened one of his many cabinets and to my surprise I found the plates on my first try. I smile to myself in triumph as I place them down on the dining table. I poured some strawberry juice I found in the fridge as Marshall placed some fried eggs and bacon on my plate and a red sallad of different fruits on his. We smalltalked and ate up.

- Thanks Marshall it was great. I unknowingly sighed and Marshall placed his hand on mine and looked at me with worry coating his features.

- Is something bothering you? I looked at his beautiful face directly into his beautiful red orbs.

- I figured that I have to go back soon, to my world. My dad must be worried sick. He squeezed my hand then swallowed hard.

- I understand. I could see the sadness in his eyes but I have to go back, I don't really belong here. I got up from my seat and did the dishes and Marshall dried them with a clean towel.

- Before you woke up today I went to the treehouse and brought you some clothes and told Fionna not to worry. I gave him a half smile as he handed me my blue crop top and a pair of black jeans. I took them and went to get changed.

- I guess I should head back to the treehouse. I said as I put on my shoes. I was standing at the door but before I left I turned to Marshall. I put my hands around his neck and kissed his cheek to which he blushed. Sorrow filled my heart like I already said goodbye.

- Bye. He said and I waved and closed the door behind me.