Chapter 18

"AHHH!! It's Tanjirou-Kun. Tanjirou-Kuuuun!" Mitsuri screamed, racing to the boy with tears in her eyes.

"Oh! Please be careful! Your breasts are going to spill out!!"

"Listen, listen! I got ignored! I greeted him and he ignored me!!" She cried, clutching on to Tanjirou.

"Who did?"

"I don't know! I asked him his name and he ignored me! Isn't that cruel? I'm a pillar! Now all that good energy I got out if the spring is completely gone!"

"It looks like they'll be done with dinner soon. I heard they used matsutake mushrooms," Tanjirou said.

"Whoaaaa! You serious?!" Mitsuri beamed.

She ran away, singing to herself.

"That's amazing!"

"You really think so? I didn't eat that much today though," the Love Pillar said as 29 bowls, 9 plates and 3 cups of tea sat in front of her (yes, I counted).

"Oh yeah. The boy you met at the spring was someone from my batch. His name's Shinazugawa Genya."

"Oh! Is that so..."

"That's Sanemi's little brother? Funny, he always told everyone he never had one," you sighed, stepping into the room with a dull indigo kimono looking dress.

"(Y/N)-Chan! I'm glad to see that you're doing better!" Tanjirou beamed happily.

"Sorry for eavesdropping... I was just about to walk in, I really was. I just thought that you guys were having an important discussion..." you rubbed the back of your neck, sitting next to Nezuko.

"Are you hungry, (Y/N)-Chan?" Mitsuri asked.

"Nah, I don't feel like eating right now. Maybe later," you waved off the food, leaning in to play with Nezuko.

Tanjirou and Nezuko frowned at your statement.

"You need to eat. If you don't, you're health isn't going to be very good," Tanjirou said.

Nezuko nodded in agreement before placing your hand on the table.

"Mmh!"

You smiled at her kind gesture.

"Alright, alright. I can't say no..." you sighed.

As the servants gave you some food, Mitsuri played with Nezuko.

"Maybe Shinazugawa-San and him don't get along?" She said, continuing the conversation from earlier.

"Why is that?" Tanjirou asked, eating with you.

"Well, I have five siblings and I get along with all of them. I don't really know. I guess the Shinazugawa brothers are just scary."

"Genya still hasn't come here. I'd love it if we could just chat for a bit."

"Looks like he isn't coming. He told the villagers he won't eat at all. Maybe he brought something with him."

"I hope he's okay. I'll bring him some leftovers."

"Yeah, great idea!"

Once you had finished you four stepped outside as Mitsuri sang, trying to be like you.

"Kanroji-San, why did you join the Demon Hunters?" Tanjirou asked out of the blue.

"Huh? Me? It's kinda embarrassing.... oh nooo... should I tell?" She said, cupping her cheeks.

You gave her a smug smile.

"Go on, it isn't that hard..." you tried hiding your smile but instead let out a small giggle.