Chapter 10

A pounding on his back door stirred Karamatsu from his tuning, confusion crossing over his face for a moment as he set the guitar down on the couch. The familiar aura from the other side of the door immediately alerted him of the guest and Karamatsu opened the door without delay, the door swinging inward to reveal a breathless and slightly panicked Ichimatsu awkwardly carrying an unconscious (y/n).

"Ich--"

"Here," Ichimatsu practically shoved (y/n) into Karamatsu's arms, his face tense, "You deal with this."

"Wha--Ichimatsu, what's going on?" Karamatsu quickly held (y/n), taking in her deteriorating condition with a glance, "What happened..."

Ichimatsu didn't step into the house, looking away as his eyes narrowed further, "...he made his move."

Karamatsu took in a slow breath, a look of recognition passing over his face before directing his attention back to the woman in his arms. His face set in determination as he walked her towards the couch, moving his guitar out of the way before laying her down. Rubbing his hands together, Karamatsu spread his fingers wide and hovered them over (y/n)'s body, moving downwards from her face before pausing over her stomach.

The silence grew between the brothers, the air becoming heavy with anticipation before Karamatsu turned towards Ichimatsu.

"Why not bring her to a hospital? I thought you hated me."

"...I hate hospitals more..." The purple-clad brother grunted, not meeting Karamatsu's gaze.

"Did you see it happen?"

"No...I didn't," Ichimatsu closed his eyes.

"Do they know?"

"...it's possible by now."

Karamatsu stood up from his kneeling position, rubbing a hand on his face before sighing.

"I'll take care of her for the night, and try to soothe things over with the shelter in the morning."

Ichimatsu stayed silent for a short while before nodding and closing the back door, leaving Karamatsu alone with (y/n).

The damage to her womb was extensive, and (y/n) was mercifully unconscious through the entire process as Karamatsu began to heal what he could. It wasn't one of his strongest gifts, but he knew that a hospital would only ask questions from him in regards to her condition and how her uterus became as shredded as it was. His brow furrowed as sweat began to bead on his forehead, the energy slowly passing from his hands to her body, making the internal organ stitch itself up. He wasn't able to completely heal the damage done, but she wasn't going to bleed out.

The sunlight slowly crept into the backroom, peeking in through the partially shaded window and casting the faint morning light down on (y/n)'s feet. Karamatsu swallowed hard as he finally pulled away from her, tugging up his shirt to wipe away the sweat. His mind worked through the next steps that he'd have to do: call the shelter to alert them to where she was, possibly deal with one of the staff visiting...or one of his brothers. How was he going to explain that one of his own acted independently?

He looked back at (y/n), her face now fully relaxed as she slept.

She needed to be cared for first.

Karamatsu stood up and stretched, moving towards his bedroom a few doors down and pulling out a tank top, a pullover hoodie, and a pair of sweatpants from his closet and setting them inside the guest bathroom by the back room. Heading towards his office near the front of the house, he grabbed the landline phone and dialed the shelter's main number, walking towards the back room when the line clicked over.